Semi Auto Club

Malik

Been out of the picture for a while, circumstances etc., but back now.

I managed to find a Choate Machine Tools stock for my old school PSG Remmy 1187 lefty1909375326_1187choate.JPG.6945da1d6a365407812f242cef4a2208.JPG

It feels a bit like stepping back 25years! but feels right for me. I will fit a cheek riser to allow for the Shield dot sight. Taking it out this coming weekend (shooting in open class due to sight)

Still a little surprised this thread has not been pinned? Moderators??

Edited by impala59
update

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, 

I just picked up a 20 bore B2000, a gun I've had to wait a long time to find! 

A question on loading the B2000. Do you have to insert the cartridge into the magazine slightly and then let it spring back in order to trigger the bolt release?

If I just push a shell into the loading port as per a double auto, it doesn't release the bolt. I've tried 65mm and 70mm shells.

Edited by theshootist

It’s a few years since I owned mine, but I’m pretty sure that shell you slide into the loading port should release the bolt and chamber the round.  Perhaps it’s faulty. 
I used Clear Pigeon and Gamebore Super Steel in mine, which are both 70mm if I recall. 

1 hour ago, theshootist said:

Hi All, 

I just picked up a 20 bore B2000, a gun I've had to wait a long time to find! 

A question on loading the B2000. Do you have to insert the cartridge into the magazine slightly and then let it spring back in order to trigger the bolt release?

If I just push a shell into the loading port as per a double auto, it doesn't release the bolt. I've tried 65mm and 70mm shells.

Two ways to release the bolt in the 12g version (I’ve got 2).

You can go conventional and load into the barrel ... there’s a small bolt release catch on the underside of the action where the bottom plate ‘hinges’.

The other way is to flamboyantly fling one into the side port and let go ... the magazine spring then sends it back triggering the bolt release.

These methods are unaffected by case length.

Edited by Smokersmith

54 minutes ago, theshootist said:

I put 150 shells though it this week. The B2000 is a lovely little gun. It cycles 28 and 24 gram shells perfectly. 21 gram was not 100% reliable. Very happy. 

Yes, I often lament the fact I let mine go. They are an undervalued and overlooked auto. 

• 6 months later...

For Green Hornet, looking for speedgate solution for 1100/1187

Below, my original troublesome DMS speed gate and my solution, the simplified single piece of 1mm stainless steel. Also, if you are interested, (if you shoot PSG) my rotating ambidextrous safety catch and aluminium bolt handle all made with simple hand tools.

1187speedgate (2).JPG

1187fg (6).JPG

1187ch (2).JPG

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:22, Farmboy91 said:

I thought long and hard about a maxus, I handled a few and they did seem to fit well out of the box. I also like the fast loading system. 

I did read of a few reliability issues but I suppose you get that with any gun. Be interesting to see how you get on 👍

A friend of mine has the first version & no problems at all & another has the second version wich has had the odd cycling issue. They are very good guns overall & I nearly bought one as I already have a Browning Cynergy O/U.

Instead I have now bought myself the Franchi Affinity Elite 3.5 & it performed flawlessly with 27g & 28g clay loads on it`s first outing.

51 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Thanks .. bought my first mint exam for a pittance and then another blind at an auction thinking I’d use it for parts … and it’s just as good as the other!

I reckon they’ll see me out!

This was mine. Not the best pic’ as it’s off a PC, but I really enjoyed using it. Fixed 3/4 choke, it was a fabulous hide gun. Good to see they’re still out there and being used. 👍
The ‘speed loader’ malfunctioned on mine unfortunately, and while at the gunsmiths where I’d taken it to be sorted, I spotted an absolutely mint Winchester 1500 XTR, and as a big Winchester fan, that was that! Still have it. 
image.jpeg.60ba55435be0589a0500f332b9a16c89.jpeg

Edited by Scully
Forgot to add pic’!

5 hours ago, Mullard83 said:

A friend of mine has the first version & no problems at all & another has the second version wich has had the odd cycling issue. They are very good guns overall & I nearly bought one as I already have a Browning Cynergy O/U.

Instead I have now bought myself the Franchi Affinity Elite 3.5 & it performed flawlessly with 27g & 28g clay loads on it`s first outing.

Glad to hear you bought one in the end and are enjoying it! Which version did you go for the timber or marsh? 

13 hours ago, Oly said:

Glad to hear you bought one in the end and are enjoying it! Which version did you go for the timber or marsh? 

I went for the one they had in stock at Cambridge Gun club wich was the 3.5" Elite with Optifade camo. To be honest I wasn`t too keen on the stock camo wich looks a bit like snake skin, but it has grown on me. After not being able to get parts, I decided it was time for a new semi auto. I don`t think I will ever part with my Remington as they are good semi auto`s. I tried Brownells, Chambers Gunmakers, then another 2 gun shops recommended to me from a gunsmith (who is hoping to make me a spare part if the search was fruitless) & even Raytrade who import Remington stuff, told me they are not expecting spares to arrive till the start of next year. I will be attending the 120 semi auto shoot at Northampton gun club on the 28th of this month & really wanted to take, what I hope will be a reliable semi auto.

3 hours ago, pigeonbasher oz said:

Well apart from my Winchester sx2s. Iv got a browning double auto and a twelvette. Which are 2 shot autos 😀

I have a double auto too. I have thought about adding a twelvette or even the rare "twenty weight". Is the Twelvette unpleasant to shoot? I find the double auto pretty snappy with 28 gram shells.