Semi Auto Club

Been out of the picture for a while, circumstances etc., but back now.

I managed to find a Choate Machine Tools stock for my old school PSG Remmy 1187 lefty1909375326_1187choate.JPG.6945da1d6a365407812f242cef4a2208.JPG

It feels a bit like stepping back 25years! but feels right for me. I will fit a cheek riser to allow for the Shield dot sight. Taking it out this coming weekend (shooting in open class due to sight)

Still a little surprised this thread has not been pinned? Moderators??

Edited by impala59
update
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, 

I just picked up a 20 bore B2000, a gun I've had to wait a long time to find! 

A question on loading the B2000. Do you have to insert the cartridge into the magazine slightly and then let it spring back in order to trigger the bolt release?

If I just push a shell into the loading port as per a double auto, it doesn't release the bolt. I've tried 65mm and 70mm shells.

Edited by theshootist

It’s a few years since I owned mine, but I’m pretty sure that shell you slide into the loading port should release the bolt and chamber the round.  Perhaps it’s faulty. 
I used Clear Pigeon and Gamebore Super Steel in mine, which are both 70mm if I recall. 

1 hour ago, theshootist said:

Hi All, 

I just picked up a 20 bore B2000, a gun I've had to wait a long time to find! 

A question on loading the B2000. Do you have to insert the cartridge into the magazine slightly and then let it spring back in order to trigger the bolt release?

If I just push a shell into the loading port as per a double auto, it doesn't release the bolt. I've tried 65mm and 70mm shells.

Two ways to release the bolt in the 12g version (I’ve got 2).

You can go conventional and load into the barrel ... there’s a small bolt release catch on the underside of the action where the bottom plate ‘hinges’.

The other way is to flamboyantly fling one into the side port and let go ... the magazine spring then sends it back triggering the bolt release.

These methods are unaffected by case length.

Edited by Smokersmith
54 minutes ago, theshootist said:

I put 150 shells though it this week. The B2000 is a lovely little gun. It cycles 28 and 24 gram shells perfectly. 21 gram was not 100% reliable. Very happy. 

Yes, I often lament the fact I let mine go. They are an undervalued and overlooked auto.