Rizzini shotguns

eredel

On the subject of Rizzini family history, Caesar Guerini was started an run by 2 sons in law or nephews in law of Batista and don't forget that all varieties of Rizzini O/U along with CG, Lanber, Fabarm, Franchi, Bettinsoli.... blah blah blah ad infinitum... use the same basic action design. The quality of the metallurgy, machining and finish my vary along with the price, but the 'Rizzini' or 'Brescia' action is used by a raft of gun makers in Italy, Spain and Turkey and produced at all price levels from £400 - £40K.

Had hold of a newish B.Rizzini this morning. Outwardly, it looked much the same as Salvinelli, Perazzi, Kemen or Zoli - looked very nice and expensive.

The lock up looked far less solid than the others and the forend had play in it. It felt cheap and sounded a bit rattly when it closed. Not impressed.

I've got a pair of B Rizzini's, matched guns but one in 12b and one in 20b. I also had an E rizzini as my first shotgun.

What I can say is that you can't compare a BR to an entry level beretta or browning... To the EL or the EELL maybe...

Each to there own and all that, and I agree that it would be boring if we all agreed! I looked very hard at new Berettas before I bought and was sooooo inexcited by what they had to offer. Plain, boring, cheap looking wood, poor wood to metal fit etc. on the other hand when I found the BR's I was amazed by the quality for the same sort of money, hand finished engraving, sideplates, exhibition grade wood...

I also love the fact I'm always being asked what gun gun is, and if people can have a swing / hold.... Not often you see that from all of the other guns stood with there Berettas and Brownings!

Anyway, happy for the majority to be sheep and keep buying B and B's.... I like being individual and having something a bit special!

So I'm with Mr Sheen!

Cheers Mr-Sheen .. interestng!

Ive a Lincoln Premier multi-choke ... its goes someway to explain F.A.I.R..... cheers m8

Not a problem!

I've got a pair of B Rizzini's, matched guns but one in 12b and one in 20b. I also had an E rizzini as my first shotgun.

What I can say is that you can't compare a BR to an entry level beretta or browning... To the EL or the EELL maybe...

Each to there own and all that, and I agree that it would be boring if we all agreed! I looked very hard at new Berettas before I bought and was sooooo inexcited by what they had to offer. Plain, boring, cheap looking wood, poor wood to metal fit etc. on the other hand when I found the BR's I was amazed by the quality for the same sort of money, hand finished engraving, sideplates, exhibition grade wood...

I also love the fact I'm always being asked what gun gun is, and if people can have a swing / hold.... Not often you see that from all of the other guns stood with there Berettas and Brownings!

Anyway, happy for the majority to be sheep and keep buying B and B's.... I like being individual and having something a bit special!

So I'm with Mr Sheen!

My thoughts exactly adam. The first time i held a RB in 20 gauge it just fitted me perfectly and i fell in love with it. I had plans to order one this year but i ended up going to university so that idea has to wait. Such a shame as i was totally in love with it.

To me the gun just felt perfect, a league above a similarly priced beretta, especially in terms of its finish and wood The round body and grip give it such a lovely look.

Which of your pair do you feel you shoot best with out of interest?

I use the 20b more as I bought it for walked up shooting and snap shooting woodcock and snipe, but the only reason I use it more is this is the type of shooting I do more of. When I'm on a driven day I use the 12 as I feel the extra weight swings the gun easier rather than poking it.

They are both an identical fit, so I can swap between them effortlessly.

Mine are the Artemis Models, prince of Wales stocks, rounded forends, solid narrow game beads and 30" barrels both fixed choke at 1/4 & 1/2.

As for people going on about resale value.... When you've shelled out a couple of grand for a gun that fits perfectly and is a joy to look at, why would I ever want to sell it? For me these will be lifetime guns that will be heirloom pieces to pass to my kids one day. Not something you could do with a run of the mill beretta?

why do people make such a fuss on resale value ?i thought we buy guns to use and keep without any thought on selling them on [at least thats what i do ] an i dont care what brand it is if i like the look an feel of it i will keep it long term,way back i bought a spanish sbs for £63 used it for 35 years b4 it wass clapped out a baikel i used for 25 years b4 px in it for an sa.so to get back to the op if u like rizzini buy one an blow to to brand snobs cheaper guns can last many years.

They really are

I use the 20b more as I bought it for walked up shooting and snap shooting woodcock and snipe, but the only reason I use it more is this is the type of shooting I do more of. When I'm on a driven day I use the 12 as I feel the extra weight swings the gun easier rather than poking it.

They are both an identical fit, so I can swap between them effortlessly.

Mine are the Artemis Models, prince of Wales stocks, rounded forends, solid narrow game beads and 30" barrels both fixed choke at 1/4 & 1/2.

As for people going on about resale value.... When you've shelled out a couple of grand for a gun that fits perfectly and is a joy to look at, why would I ever want to sell it? For me these will be lifetime guns that will be heirloom pieces to pass to my kids one day. Not something you could do with a run of the mill beretta?

They really are lovely guns, i was debating between the artemis or the round body but it has to be neither now. Sigh.

I never got to shoot the 20, but it is a light gun, how does it handle the recoil of a decent game load?