Some info and adivce regarding SGC

beenyj

Hi all.

I'm currently doing my SGC application and need some advice with the convictions and cautions section.

I have never been convicted of anything but was arrested when I was 14 but not charged and I don't believe I was cautioned. I also received two or three 'yellow slips' from the police when I was a teenager, not sure what they really are. I was also pulled over a couple of years ago but not ticketed for anything.

I'm not sure how strict they are about all these things and I cant remember the dates of the yellow slips. So, my questions are:

• Do the dates matter?
  • Are the yellow slips necessary to include?
  • Will the arrest be a problem even if i wasn't convicted/cautioned?
  • Should I include the pulling over?

Thanks!

Your best to declare everything that you know of, anything with a paper trail they will know.

When I done mine I couldn't think of anything I had done wrong over the years so I declared nothing, upon my visit with the feo this was not quite true, I was in trouble for not wearing a seat belt and I was fined 4 years ago i totally forgot about it.

So this shows how much they check you out. There's no hiding :lol:

Just put it all down as you have above and say you were arrested but dont think charged etc.

Only absolute honesty will get you any firearm/sgc cert - it would pay to find out from a relative what the 'yellow slips' were for as I for one, have never heard of these. May be irrelevant to quote these but I would anyway even if I didnt know what they were for.

Good Luck.

Thanks for replies. Another little question. I was in the Officer Training Corps and Air Cadets, would this be worth adding on the form to show I know how to handle weapons safely and responsibly?

Sod that.

Is that because it may have negative implications?

Thanks for replies. Another little question. I was in the Officer Training Corps and Air Cadets, would this be worth adding on the form to show I know how to handle weapons safely and responsibly?

Is that because it may have negative implications?

No, you've paid your fees.

If you've nothing to hide you'll get the sgc, if you're refused you get your money back.

how do you do this

subject access request form on you constabulary's website, i did this and feo was very pleased that had listed it all, glad i did it

example here is Northumbria's http://www.northumbria.police.uk/foi/subject_access/

got mine within a week that was about 2 years ago though

Edited by maxus77

subject access request form on you constabulary's website, i did this and feo was very pleased that had listed it all, glad i did it

example here is Northumbria's http://www.northumbria.police.uk/foi/subject_access/

got mine within a week that was about 2 years ago though

I'll think about doing this then. If it might be beneficial its worth a try. How long did it take to get the information?

Edited by beenyj

Just say the truth. I was 50/50 about writing something down on my form, i wasn't arrested nor cautioned but i got a telling off by police when i was younger and had them "yellow slips" as you put it lol.

When the interview came i told him, which he said he was glad about as he already knew about it