silencer for shotguns

mahmood

You can buy universal one for .410's that you can fit yourself but if you want one for a twelve you have to send it to hushpower who machine holes in your barrel and fit one permanently. As for the being effective bit I don't know as I started a topic about this not long ago in anything linked to shooting when I was considering one.

Mahmood

Instead of paying for your gun "hushpowered" which may or may not work.Save yourself some money by buying some earplugs in bulk . If memory serves me correctly you can get a 1000pairs for £35ish .. Then all you have to do is simply fit all your choosen quarry with the ear plugs ...Thus giving them defective hearing ..So they wont hear the crack of your shotgun !

all the best yis yp :lol:

No question that original Hushpower guns are good in their own right. With subsonic cartridges, the give off about the same noise as a hand clap. However, it's a bit like lugging around a gun with a bit of steel drainpipe on the end, heavy and awkward. Plus that you only get one shot.

When I last looked, a 12bore huspower was about £400.

• 2 weeks later...

a mate of our's (pat carey) ie the warrener uses a silencer on he's shotgun to great effect at night on foxes when he call's them in to close for the rifle thus not desterbing any other charlie that may be in the area.

a great idea for proffesinal fox control ,maybe a bit exspensive for anything else i feel