maximum load of a gun

andy j

Do you mean cartridge pressure?cartridge load? Length? The chamber length is stamped on the barrel probably 76mm and will have a kg rating of anywhere between 900 and 1370 ish, don't be confused by barrel weight stamps such as 1.456kg, load would be dependant on what you use it for 28grm is the largest load for clay shooting (comps anyway)

Edited by sishyplops

RTM, haha obvious really thanks.

Cant find nothing in the manual on the link at top of topic list and I didn't get one with the gun.

To be honest the shells I have are 42 gram No1 steels, I said minimags because it was easier, appologies.

I know its proofed for steel but don't know if it is ok for the larger loads that are 70mm length.

Not in England or wales (lead for fowl) but ok in Scotland as long as not on/over wetland/water iirc...

All the info you need is on the gun! Just read the proof marks that is what they are there for.... Interested that a 682 has fleur de llys tho!

Edited by HDAV

42g steel will be 3 1/2 inch, is your gun chambered and proofed for that? 75mm is 3". A 3" steel load will be 36g (1 1/4oz).

RTM, haha obvious really thanks.

Cant find nothing in the manual on the link at top of topic list and I didn't get one with the gun.

To be honest the shells I have are 42 gram No1 steels, I said minimags because it was easier, appologies.

I know its proofed for steel but don't know if it is ok for the larger loads that are 70mm length.

42g steel will be 3 1/2 inch, is your gun chambered and proofed for that? 75mm is 3". A 3" steel load will be 36g (1 1/4oz).

Like the man says, the length is measured when fired not when loaded BTW! Always check the details on the box- under no circumstances fire one of these shells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a 3" gun with the steel proof as I suspect you might have gets some Remington Nitro steel (in the green shell) in a number 2 use half choke and go for the head and neck keeping the range to 35 yds max and you will kill any goose stone dead with a well placed shot Canada to pink