One Bird im glad to get rid of

enzonapoli1990

I broke up with My girlfriend in december after 5 years at the time it seemed like it was the end of the world but i soon realised it was anything but! it started out fine saturdays and sundays were for me beating and shooting days. But as time went by i was replacing my gun and flask for her shopping bags and clothes on shopping trips to london and milton keynes. i thought to myself if i was ever going to get out in the field again! so i thought enough was enough i was not going to give up something i love so after many hours of arguing it came down to the fact of if i loved her i would give up shooting so the choice was either stay with her or give up shooting...

can't wait for my next shooting outing hahaha

Women ey who needs them!

Crack on ....I'm lucky, my mrs tells me and boy (12) to go shooting while her and my daughter do girly things, I shoot she buys smelly bath things from lush at meadowhell for me to use when I get in smelling like road kill everyone's happy :)

Edited by delburt0

I think the trick is to find a mutual understanding between both parties!

My GF is a TOTAL anti gun believer. I have put my point across on many occasions! From the " You have never used a gun, so how can you judge? " To the " You can't assume, because one man goes beserk with a firearm! That everyone who is licenced is a nut job! "

She enjoyed nights out drinking! I then told her there are far more murders, Deaths, and general criminal matters arrise from Alcohol, than from firearms! I wasn't happy for her to go out drinking but didn't stop her!

I have sat and listened to HER side of the argument! And in MOST cases have rubbished her claims and views! Some she had a valid point! And I accept that!

She has grown to accept I shoot and enjoy the past time! And other shoot related things, such as Beating, fox drives, She has even came into the shooting club house, while I dropped off a few bits for the owner! She has even stopped going out on the drink :blink:

She won't eat Game :no: She is standing firm on that principal. Silly really when She has eaten Duck and Goose in the recent past :rolleyes:

I have tried to bellay any issues she has reguarding the ethical nature of game foods etc! But to no avail.

She accepts I shoot and I bring home game! I normally don't waste what I shoot! If I can't eat it I have people who would be happy to take the odd rabbit, pheasant, pigeon and even the odd trout if needs be!

This year She was even going to buy me a Shooting Jacket. I told her not to bother!

I beat on Saturdays, Then we spend the evening together! I spend pretty much every day with her! We have been dating now for near 8 years. This is the FIRST relationship I have had where I feel comfortable just getting on with what I want. She is supportive in a lot of area's and also in Shoot related depending on the circumstance. After 8 year, we STILL have a bloody good laugh. Infact we are off to the Cinema tonight then off to a Restaraunt afterward!

You can have the best of both worlds, when you find the right one :good:

Crack on ....I'm lucky, my mrs tells me and boy (12) to go shooting while her and my daughter do girly things, I shoot she buys smelly bath things from lush at meadowhell for me to use when I get in smelling like road kill everyone's happy :)

Wouldn't but jack **** from Lush! They support hunt sabs :no:

I insisted my GF didn't go there! She has never stepped foot in there since I explained what the sabs get upto!

Wouldn't but jack **** from Lush! They support hunt sabs :no:

I insisted my GF didn't go there! She has never stepped foot in there since I explained what the sabs get upto!

well I never thanks for that lg I will be having words !!!

Atb Craig...

Has anyone got any ammo to throw to the wife and daughter I can see that they do not agree with testing there products on animals , which I support but cannot find anything that points them to funding ~quote sabs ???

Edited by delburt0

well I never thanks for that lg I will be having words !!!

Atb Craig...

Has anyone got any ammo to throw to the wife and daughter I can see that they do not agree with testing there products on animals , which I support but cannot find anything that points them to funding ~quote sabs ???

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/oct/03/lush-supports-hunt-saboteurs

Like the Meadowhell bit :good: I hate the place.

My wifes a farmers daughter and loves eating fish so fishing and shooting are not a problem. We aregetting a dog soon. We both like quiet time on our own, so we work this around the children, she also sings in a choir, so we are both guaranteed one evening a week where we take part in our hobbies. However she has drawn a line...i am not allowed any ferrets! But as there are no rabbits round here its a small price to pay!

Seems i got lucky.

Cheers

Aled

did you know that the owners of LUSH spend a lot of money each year financing anti hunt saboteurs :lol::good::good: true story

Wow, there are a lot of opinions about the gf/ wife issue.

After some bad and some good relationship s I personally would never stick with someone who tried to stop me doing the things I love, as I would never try to do that to them.

Well done to the man who start this thread, you are better of for it.