Royweil cartridges

In 2009 i think it was i heard the shocking news that the German cartridge Rotweil were going to discontinue there 12g HV cartridge. This surprised me as they were a favourite brand of the guns where i go beating and i also used them as well they were a fast hard hitting cartridge so i couldn't understand why discontinue something that was in such popular demand but after speaking to my local gunsmith he told me that they are coming back in production and will be here in the UK for the 2014/15 season. Good times ahead 👍

Back in the 80's I used to use Rotweill MKll, they were available in a handy carry box of 200's. They were absolutely mustard on pigeons.

Regards remmyman

Weren’t they in a sort of cardboard suitcase thingy? And weren't they an all-plastic case with no base metal at all? Light green. Back in the eighties I loved the little club 20 cartridge in a black case. Back in 86 I bought a new Berretta and a mate bought a new Rem 1100 in 20. As I was all over the country at the time I used to go into allsorts of Gunshops and buy a box or two of all differing types of 20 cartridges on sale to try out for effectiveness. Both my mate and I reckoned that there didn't seem to be a better cartridge at that time. We took everything from snipe to fox and geese with them. But suddenly they were no longer available. We were told that it was down to the strength of the mark at that time. I wish they were still available. I’ve still got some and one day I might do a chrono of them and try too homeload a comparable product.

Weren’t they in a sort of cardboard suitcase thingy? And weren't they an all-plastic case with no base metal at all? Light green. Back in the eighties I loved the little club 20 cartridge in a black case. Back in 86 I bought a new Berretta and a mate bought a new Rem 1100 in 20. As I was all over the country at the time I used to go into allsorts of Gunshops and buy a box or two of all differing types of 20 cartridges on sale to try out for effectiveness. Both my mate and I reckoned that there didn't seem to be a better cartridge at that time. We took everything from snipe to fox and geese with them. But suddenly they were no longer available. We were told that it was down to the strength of the mark at that time. I wish they were still available. I’ve still got some and one day I might do a chrono of them and try too homeload a comparable product.

You're right about the packaging but the ones I used certainly had a conventional head on them, these were also stamped 61/2 shot

Regards remmyman

You're right about the packaging but the ones I used certainly had a conventional head on them, these were also stamped 61/2 shot

Regards remmyman

You've made me think now. Somewhere I've got one of the all plastic cased ones. I'll have to go and hunt it out and have a look at it. If they still sold those little black 20's I'd buy a stock of of them.

Edited by fortune

• 2 years later...

I wished they did tigers in fibre wad! Aye the mk2 being replaced with something else?

Rottweil are imported by Ruag, all Ruag dealers can get them, also world sporting sell their cartridges online like just cartridges

Nice people to deal with, shame about their delivery charge though - excessive I feel.

I know this is an old thread, but I've just been sorting out my cartridges and have about 360 Rotweil HV 32g 6's in the green cases, cracking cartridges for game and pigeon, do they still make these ones ?

Jase.

Jason,

I use these for pheasants & ducks (we're still allowed to up here) and agree with you, they're fierce loads. I was given a load of them by a friend a while back but I'm sure I saw slabs of them stacked up in the ammo room of my local gun shop in Arbroath, so I assume they're still being made. I can ask him where he sources them if you like?