devastated

mikky

sadly just got the news after 2yrs of battling cancer,todays tests have confirmed that the cancer has spread,3 major operations last year we all hoped the tests would be positive,i have only ever cried twice in my life apart from today,i feel so useless......sorry everyone...got no familly except you lot...Frenchie...could do with a cup of tea right now mate....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible news.. I don't know if there is a God but you all have my Prayers nonetheless...I've lost 2 very close friends and my Father to the disease this last 12 months and they and their immediate family all coped with it in different ways. My Father for instance tried chemo but then refused it and settled for excellent palliative care until he passed away. His life expectancy was the same Chemo or not so he decided to embrace it and enjoy the time he had left... My advice to your family is to accept all the help you can from the various organisations available... who in my experience are just Brilliant.

ATB

FM

Sorry to hear that mate. I am going away for 10 days, but when I get back I can get you and Pete (since you mentioned him) out for something different. This is part of what I do. I will pm you details when I get back. Stay strong!

cheers...really look forward to that...need to get out

worse thing is,been able to sort out irate boyfriends/ex husbands..money problems..the one time she really needs me i cant sort it...thats what really hurts..got her on the phone telling me she is going to die and the desperation in her voice ...hoping i can sort it out...its heart breaking....i have no answers...

Sorry to hear this mikky. As an eldest out of three I know what it's like to be the one who they turn to help sort their problems and also what it's like to lose one. The feeling of helplessness when you can't do anything. Life is a bitch sometimes, stay strong and enjoy all the time you can with her.

Figgy

You'll do your nut if you try to control a situation like this. Just being there for her and spending as much time with her as possible will lift her spirits and improve whatever time she has left. It's a horrible all too common issue nowadays, with 1 in 3 people getting cancer you just can't avoid it.

Time is the most precious thing you can offer her. My dad died 10 days ago and we didn't even know he was ill. I'd love to have spent some more time with him and I've been kicking myself every day for things I wish I'd done with him...Don't let that happen to you mate.

All the best

cheers everyone

You'll do your nut if you try to control a situation like this. Just being there for her and spending as much time with her as possible will lift her spirits and improve whatever time she has left. It's a horrible all too common issue nowadays, with 1 in 3 people getting cancer you just can't avoid it.

Time is the most precious thing you can offer her. My dad died 10 days ago and we didn't even know he was ill. I'd love to have spent some more time with him and I've been kicking myself every day for things I wish I'd done with him...Don't let that happen to you mate.

All the best

sorry to hear about your dad....cheers mate

Really sorry to hear that mikky, don't know what I would if it were my little sis. Be strong and enjoy every day from now on, you have my thoughts and best wishes.

Henry d I supported a cyberknife appeal at barts in a very small way, glad to hear it has made an impact.

Edited by HDAV

cheers everyone

sorry to hear about your dad....cheers mate

Ta, still hasn't sunk in yet and I'm finding I'm spending more time on here to help keep my mind on other things. That's one thing I love about PW, you can always find a thread worth commenting on!

Chin up, if nothing but for your sister (but feel free to vent on here too) :)

Ta, still hasn't sunk in yet and I'm finding I'm spending more time on here to help keep my mind on other things. That's one thing I love about PW, you can always find a thread worth commenting on!

Chin up, if nothing but for your sister (but feel free to vent on here too) :)

cheers for that......having no family..it feels good to have nice comments...feels like you are not on your own..cheers everyone.....

Unfortunately there is nothing I can say to make things better! But I can perhaps offer a little comfort in letting you know you are not alone in the dark!

There are a whole lot of us here in your corner! Having been in your situation I can sympathise! I felt useless not being able to do anything but offer support!

The funny thing is, that is the most important thing they need! You can't treat them! But you can offer the most important aspect that any person needs when undergoing treatment or getting the bad news! Support!