How to wear breeks?

adam f

So I bought a cheap pair of breeks in the jan sales, I've always fancied a pair for game shooting but never been too sure.

Anyway, how do I wear these things? They seem to be traditional way and have stood the test of time, but I can't see how only having sock below the knee is a warm and waterproof way to go ahead?

Specifically, how do I rig the sock / breek around the knee area?

I have worn breeks for quite a while now and I had the same concerns about warmth as you but I am yet to get cold.

I wear mine with the bottom 'cuff' tucked into the sock. Sock pulled up. garter tied round and then the top of the sock folded over.

I did invest in some good shooting socks though and make sure you have the garter to hold them up or they become a right pain.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

As above and pull the spare material out around the knee, the idea being that the cuff forms a seal at the top of the wellies and the material around the knee should form a skirt so that any rainwater will drip down off the breeks and outside of the welly instead of inside it.

Plus fours will normally give more overhang than plus two's

There's vids on the tube showing how to tie the socks and garters. :)

Edited by KFC