New puppy night barking

Jim c

Hi everyone just got a new springer pup and last night was our first night and shut him in the kitchen with a stair gate. He barked all night till we got up in the morning. I'm guessing this is something that will stop in the end. Just thought I would ask what other people have experienced.

Thanks jim.

Hi everyone just got a new springer pup and last night was our first night and shut him in the kitchen with a stair gate. He barked all night till we got up in the morning. I'm guessing this is something that will stop in the end. Just thought I would ask what other people have experienced.

Thanks jim.

A squirt with a water pistol can work wonders too :lol:

Regards remmyman

Ok will try the radio. Also do you leave te light on or switch it off ?

Bit personal mate!

Seriously though,I warned the neighbours and they were fine about it.

The whining got less and less over the first few days and now it's fine.

I can't recommend a crate highly enough.

Bit personal mate!

Seriously though,I warned the neighbours and they were fine about it.

The whining got less and less over the first few days and now it's fine.

I can't recommend a crate highly enough.

Plus one for the crate, you could then always put a blanket over the top to make it more cosy it seemed to work for mine.

My neighbour has just bought a pup and it's in the whining stage but it doesn't bother me at all because as fenboy said it's normal.

Not sure how the neighbour on the other side feels though, he's a proper miserable **** :lol:

Yeah, try to start as you mean to go on.... Keep it consistent and use a crate to give them their own space as the others have said.

And do not be tempted to go down in the middle of the night. Like you say they wont last long so you might have to go to bed a bit later and get up a bit earlier for a while ....we have a neighbour who recently got their first dog and he treated it like a baby human, getting up every 2hrs to let him out etc. Needless to say he is still barking and whining and the guy looks shocking! :D ...glad we're in detached houses!

Stick with it and he'll be fine I'm sure!

ATB

Ben

My pup is 14 weeks now she now doing 8 hrs before I hear anything unless I'm heavy sleeper 🙈

At night time settle her down put into crate with towel over and ticking click on top of crate after 10 mins of whimpering she settles down and not a peep

I must be a lucky one never a peep .got a crate before hand split it in half with a piece of board ,

lifted her water up 2 hours before bed made sure she had a pee before putting her in

put the old jumper i was wearing in with her

covered the crate over with an old blanket, lights off she was 8 weeks when i had her and 15 weeks now never a peep :-)

I must be a lucky one never a peep .got a crate before hand split it in half with a piece of board ,

lifted her water up 2 hours before bed made sure she had a pee before putting her in

put the old jumper i was wearing in with her

covered the crate over with an old blanket, lights off she was 8 weeks when i had her and 15 weeks now never a peep :-)

Cant argue with the above. Great advice