how to gut rabbits?

NoMercy

I have had many shots at rabbits, using a BSA lightning fitted with a Theoben gas strut at 12ft/lb's. All I shot where gutted and eaten by me:P

Although I have done this many a time I never feel as though I am gutting and skinning in the right way, how do you skin a rabbit?

Oh yeh and another thing u guys seem to be up on your hunting knowledge so let’s test your cooking skills, how dose a rabbit taste better, boiled, fried or grilled.

Please could you give me your informed opinion?

respect your quarry.

Gut your rabbits as quickly as possible after shooting them. I do it as soon as I pick them up.

Rabbits do not fry or grill well - it tends to make the meat tough. If you do want fried rabbit, for it to be edible you need to boil them for 1/2 hr, remove the meat, coat it in breadcumbs and fry it.

Rather than grilling, a rabbit is best roasted. This method cooks a rabbit to perfection every time: Gut and skin it without removing the belly flap, lay it in salted water for at least an hour, stuff it with Paxo or sausagemeat, then place it in a roasting tin belly-up and lay fat bacon and bay leaves over it, with a halved onion alongside. Cover with tinfoil and cook in a medium oven for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/4 hr. Remove tinfoil and cook for a further 20 minutes, basting regularly. The stock makes good gravy. Carve and serve immediately. Rosemary or thyme can be used instead of Bay.

Rabbit and hare is much improved if you soak it in milk overnight.