Wheat (bagged)

Can anybody point me in the direction of a 'bagged' wheat supplier in the Cheshire area? I appreciate it's a lot more expensive bagged, but it's a lot more convenient too.

I've been phoning round today and can get it at £158/ton, but to have it bagged it's £240. Does that seem reasonable?

Many thanks,

W12

I think that's what I'm going to have to do, filling 40+ bags on my own will be a pain in the *** mind!

Bagging yourself will always be cheaper.

A slightly easier way to fill your old feed sacks is to cut the BOTTOM off a slim five gallon drum and fill this with your wheat. Put your old feed bag over the filled drum and tip over into bag. Grab the handle of the drum and pull out of the bag. One bag filled. After a couple of bags you will know how much to put in the drum.

Alternatively, a coal scuttle is a handy tool especially if your on your own

Two of you can bag a tonne of wheat in under an hour. I tried all; ways but dragging the bag into the heap and using your hands gets them 90% full. If you have a scale handy you get your eye in quickly and make up the last bit with the bucket.

Two of you spending an hour on the job have just saved £41 EACH. I don't earn that an hour.........

(we used to buy a tonne of wheat a couple of times per year to feed chickens, I'd bag it and load it myself)