Price of our shoot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a very reasonable price to me.

I pay £400, 8 days fully driven shooting. We release 500 pheasants, lots of wild partridge about and have one pond which attracts lots of wild duck.

Me and 3 others do most of the feeding, pen building etc. Some people who actually pay less then me and do no work still complain about it.

We are lucky that we don't have to pay rent and all our feed comes straight out the back of the combine so pay very little for it.

10 guns paying £550 each = £5,500

Average of 38 birds per day over the 6 driven days = 228 birds shot.

£5,500 / 228 = £24.12 per bird = pretty good value for driven shooting, and they can treat the walked-up day as a freebie bolt-on.

Let them leave, then get some other guys in who appreciate the value they are getting.

How is the money for shoots like this usually paid, in one go or installments. Not sure i could find £500+ in one go but spread over a year or 10 months and its a lot easier.

Just thinking its something i would love to get into but the cost has always been a bit off putting.

How is the money for shoots like this usually paid, in one go or installments. Not sure i could find £500+ in one go but spread over a year or 10 months and its a lot easier.

Just thinking its something i would love to get into but the cost has always been a bit off putting.

I would say most pay up front as there are costs to cover ie: birds and whatever equipment you need

:shaun:

On the shoot I run its walk 1 stand 1, eight drives a day, 18 guns, 9 days shooting a season, best bag this year 58 worse 32, average 48. Average shots 200. No work parties, We have 2 high bird drives, the rest are average to low. £400 a year and some people are not happy and are leaving.

??? Where abouts is this shoot in east yorks

Looks like good value for you money to me. Small Syndicate I'm on shoots 5 days and has varied bags, first day was 62 second was around 55 and then it dropped off as the season progressed. With that you get the 5 days, 5 drives a day and a duck flight at the end of it. for £400 a full gun. Bag can include, pigeon, woodcock, duck, pheasant, very rare but one or two partridge and snipe.

I work that out as each gun is getting to shoot 23 birds each per season at £550

= £23.91 per bird.

Way too cheap

agree, my shoot manages £26 a bird (just) but the land, a fair bit of labour and some other stuff goes in for free from the people involved. In in my opinion the people complaining should take their custom elsewhere and let other guns take the places, in your part of the world I would imagine there are plenty of folk who have the means but not the access