PW CATTON RIFLE SHOOTING WEEKEND 17/18TH MAY 2014

SPARKIE

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the guns that need to be stretched its the shooters :lol:

I have sold on the hornet so I won't be able to show you all up ;) ha ha

The onions were very good but at 2-3" diameter, surely all these 'quarter inch guns' should be stretched further ;)

Small onions then pal ;)

Let's get rid of all this modern range finding, wind finding, dial this that and the other into a computer stuff.

Arrive at the stand and take the shot as you would in the hunting field.

Chap who won it last year should have been at Bisley not on a field shoot.

See, aim, fire.

Let's get rid of all this modern range finding, wind finding, dial this that and the other into a computer stuff.

Arrive at the stand and take the shot as you would in the hunting field.

Chap who won it last year should have been at Bisley not on a field shoot.

See, aim, fire.

I agree Ben

ohhhh and no more than 8 times zoom on scopes lol

That's ok for the able eyed shooters but not everyone has the ability to see small targets at low mag pal.

I think in fairness you should use what you have as you have but as been said no range finding other than reticule if you have it.

I like fisters' idea with the one shot onion at progressive ranges. As it gives everyone a sporting chance.

Looks like the banter has started all ready. Just to answer a couple of questions,

I will find you some logs to burn....... but I recon you lot like goin in the wood to "find logs" just don't pick up the wet ones.

As Far as dogs are concerned I don't mind as long as the usual .. clean up well behaved etc.... please note is a very noisy environment even for gun dogs and the amount of noise round the camp fire can get bad....

Hope to see you all there looking forward to seeing some old and new faces.....

any body got anything new that would like to try target wise let me no and will see what I can do.

regards

Carl...... Get reloading

Is there any way we could try stuff like this Carl ?

Is there any way we could try stuff like this Carl ?

There wont be any shooting after sunset or before, its part of the agreement with the estate.There's plenty of targets out to pick out, some wont be seen too easily and days have gone were they have no hits at all. Besides there wont be time for shooting

I would dearly love to do something similar to what i did in Denmark last June as it was brilliant fun and a fantastic test of real world shooting capability but it just requires too much infrastructure. There were about 40 of us there and it was massive, i would estimate that there will be 10-15 people at this who will be keen to do some form of prize shoot so i will start a list.........

Who wants to enter a 5 round, buy in (couple of quid for targets) field shoot winner takes all bragging rights, any centrefire rifle, max range 300 yards?

Copy this post and add your name to the list, i will run it but not shoot so i have added a few usual suspects who i think will do it.

Fister

Sparkie?

Dougie?

Grandalf?

Amazed?

I'm in.

Grandalf