Whats your best excuse

woodfordpigeon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know that you have arranged the farmer to ring you, let the wife answer the phone and you get " yes ill get him to come out straight away" . Then when her friends tell her not to let you go out she defends you by saying " I've spoken to the farmers and they are desperate for him to shoot" so he has to go out. Reverse logic, Magic.

Edited by pigeon controller

If you know that you have arranged the farmer to ring you, let the wife answer the phone and you get " yes ill get him to come out straight away" . Then when her friends tell her not to let you go out she defends you by saying " I've spoken to the farmers and they are desperate for him to shoot" so he has to go out. Reverse logic, Magic.

I like your logic :ninja:

Grow a pair and beg her to let go pigeon shooting.

Tell her it is vital crop protection as we are in a serious food shortage due to immigration and fiscal mismanagement, the country can't afford to pay the farmers subsidies due to crop damage and failiure from pigeons and crows rabbits etc insert here whatever you want to shoot feasting on them, tell her we must all do our bit to help love now be a good un and make me a flask and some sandwiches while I go and keep the crops safe.

That one any good to you.

Figgy

The question was what's your best excuse. If you don't need one you need not answer the question. The trick is I have been married 36 years. I would like it to stay that way .I have been out shooting three times this week and would like to go tomorrow.

well there a lot of members who don,t need one,like you have just stated you don't either so why put up a thread about needing an excuse ???

The question was what's your best excuse. If you don't need one you need not answer the question. The trick is I have been married 36 years. I would like it to stay that way .I have been out shooting three times this week and would like to go tomorrow.

I'd need to go tomorrow because I didn't get them all yesterday :good:

If you have a smart phone, get one of those fake ringing apps. Set it to ring with a call from defra, have a conversation with yourself on the phone making out we are being attacked by flesh eating zombie pigeons and you have been called up as part of your patriotic duty to take care of them.

Or tell her you will take her shopping

Your choice

"Totally up to you love, i can either spend the day at home being a right miserable sod watching football and getting pis-sed, or i can go shooting for 6 hours and come back nice and happy prepared to listen to the boring uneventful mundane cr-ap you've been up to all day?"

Edited by carpentermark

Guest rimotu66

"Totally up to you love, i can either spend the day at home being a right miserable sod watching football and getting pis-sed, or i can go shooting for 6 hours and come back nice and happy prepared to listen to the boring uneventful mundane cr-ap you've been up to all day?"

I don't need an excuse either but carpentermarks is my favourite :good:

My g'friend hates it if I am in the house during the day, apparently I 'get in the way', I don't do it on purpose honestly :whistling:

I just book her a pamper day or a massage or whatever as a 'surprise' to say thank you being being a great mother, wife bla bla bla

Then I tell her I am going shooting ;)

My other favourite is to tell her that I have 4 days shooting over the coming weekends, when she kicks off I tell her i will cancel 2 and just go twice, to the only 2 shoots actually arranged, adding on mythical shoots and then meeting in the middle works every time