AYA .410 - Matador/400f/#3 Boxlock

kiddy1

OK,

Time to refresh my interest in the pursuit of finding out what the hell this gun actually is!

I've emailed AYA who informed me that the gun is a model 400f, this must be a factory number as it doesn't relate to anthing in the AYA lineup. All of the references that I can find online suggest that the model 400f is the Matador.... I've looked at various 'Matadors' and can say that they are NOTHING a like what so ever. However, it appears to be identical to a few #3 Boxlocks' that I have seen; http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/AYA_Shotgun_3-Boxlock_For-Sale_121220115900885 There are a few minor differences between that one and my gun such as a different safety switch.

Is anyone able to clarify this for me?

Thanks

Are all the cars for sale ? are the clothes for sale ? is the coffee maker any good ? Who did the hit man try to kill ? I really don't like spiders but the girls are nice !!!!!

The gun ain't a #3 it looks more like a Yoeman

Edited by flazz

Looks like it could be good few years old . Have you dated it from the proof marks ? AyA made a range of guns not all of which were imported into the UK . There were also odd batches of guns brought in at one time or another that do not correspond to any of the generaly known models . Could be one of those along the lines of the Yeoman .

It's a 1964 model 400f, so it's just turned 50 years old!! Most of the cars are mine or my mates, I also hate spiders, the girl is mine and finally the hit men tried to kill a member of another forum I'm on. Coincidentally they did use shotguns :)

I have one near enough identical. It was sold to me (about 30 years ago) as a No 3 or No 4, whichever was the non-ejector model. Its been a good little gun - though not ever had many rounds through it. If you email Carmen at AyA, she will give you the model and date. E mail address is aya@aya-fineguns.com