How many pigeons are shot by PW members 2007

plexer

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
157 shot in a small wood over rotarys between 3 of us

So barring any mistakes earlier in the thread and other tallies still to come it looks like the new total for 2007 is 25145 which is not even 1% of the estimated National pigeon population, so nobody can accuse us of decimating to brink of extinction.

It would be nice to see what the whole of the country shot in a year with compulsary records kept to see how many exactly are shot each year compared to the estimated number to see if we are making indents in the population in our role of crop protection.

SS

157 shot in a small wood over rotarys between 3 of us

So barring any mistakes earlier in the thread and other tallies still to come it looks like the new total for 2007 is 25145 which is not even 1% of the estimated National pigeon population, so nobody can accuse us of decimating to brink of extinction.

It would be nice to see what the whole of the country shot in a year with compulsary records kept to see how many exactly are shot each year compared to the estimated number to see if we are making indents in the population in our role of crop protection.

SS

Quick correction as we shot 64 pigeons yeterday but I was out early celebrating NEW YEAR and didn't have time to put the score on here.

NEW TOTAL 25312

Dave K

hello i got 4 last time i went but i was stuck withan ir rifle at Pee's Airgun Farm in Essex. My old boys 55th is coming up n he wants to go pigeon shooting with a shotty but we cant find anywhere in essex ! Does any1 know of any places, they dont have to be good at all i think he just wants to get out and about wih a gun ! cheers to all

Stand by for all this anti info to be quoted out of context by all and any one differing in opinion

How can it be quoted out of context at less than 1% of a national estimated population is hardly going hell for leather and wiping them out, now is it? :oops:

Judging by the amount of birds I am seeing flocked up around my area at the moment, I would surmise that, extreme cold weather dependant, 2008 is going to be a cracking breeding year and that the population will be up again meaning more opportunities to get out and carryout crop protection.

I have never seen so many brown rape fields as I have done this year, driving back from Highlodge with FG.22 the other day highlighted the problems a lot of farmers are having along side one road leading from A12 - A140. The bird scarer companies must be doing a roaring trade this year.

SS