lots of pigeons

jcbbracken

drove buy a field in gestling east sussex on thursday in the rain hundreds of pigeons feeding on maze stubble and standing maze just goes to show they are about looked at the rape i shoot on at rye and winchealsea not a bird in site so i presume they have gone there going to be hard work shooting on the rape this year as so wet and muddy. mick ellis

Im not having any probs here in yorkshire got a call from one of my permissions yesterday the farmer said there were thousands hitting his only rape field all week .so grabbed my gear now the farmers tend to exagerate at times thousands mean hundreds in the past so i arrived with the image of maybe two hundred in my head. I couldnt believe how many they were they were cramned into every tree around the field the wood was full to bursting.then another five hundred or so got up out from the rape as i aproached.i was like a big kid.the birds didnt decoy at all tho but they kept using the same flight line to the field so packed the decoys away and got hid under the flight path it was non stop from 10 oclock till 4 pm total bag 187 birds and didnt even make a dint in the flock its gonna be a buissy month for me lol.

Im not having any probs here in yorkshire got a call from one of my permissions yesterday the farmer said there were thousands hitting his only rape field all week .so grabbed my gear now the farmers tend to exagerate at times thousands mean hundreds in the past so i arrived with the image of maybe two hundred in my head. I couldnt believe how many they were they were cramned into every tree around the field the wood was full to bursting.then another five hundred or so got up out from the rape as i aproached.i was like a big kid.the birds didnt decoy at all tho but they kept using the same flight line to the field so packed the decoys away and got hid under the flight path it was non stop from 10 oclock till 4 pm total bag 187 birds and didnt even make a dint in the flock its gonna be a buissy month for me lol.

RESULT!!

:hmm:

I don`t believe a lot of the posts on here

Very good going.You will be making a few folks jealous if you keep shooting like that. :yes:

Are only a select few allowed to shoot decent bags on here then? Why lie about it because the only person your really cheating is yourself. Not everyone feels the need to photograph their days shooting. If he said he shot them around this area i might be a bit dubious because i don't think i have seen even a 100 in one place for at least a couple of months. But he's in Yorkshire and i haven't a clue what's up there so who am i to judge.

Edited by shootnfish

I take it we have a jelous person on here motty ah ah never mind youll get one or two maybe this year.ah ah

Not one bit jealous. The reason I don't believe you shot the bag is simple. A fortnight ago you posted that you couldn't get anything to decoy , but maybe you'd shoot quite a few in your roost wood. You later posted elsewhere that you'd already shot about 300 this month (?) . Sounds a bit odd doesn't it? You didn't mention on what crops you shot those 300 pigeons.

So if what you say is true, then you have shot around 500 pigeons already this year, when most people are struggling to make a half decent bag.

If you have shot all those birds then I doth my cap to you, but I seriously doubt it.

You also posted that I exaggerate, but failed to explain what you meant. Care to explain now?

Edited by motty

Not one bit jealous. The reason I don't believe you shot the bag is simple. A fortnight ago you posted that you couldn't get anything to decoy , but maybe you'd shoot quite a few in your roost wood. You later posted elsewhere that you'd already shot about 300 this month (?) . Sounds a bit odd doesn't it? You didn't mention on what crops you shot those 300 pigeons.

So if what you say is true, then you have shot around 500 pigeons already this year, when most people are struggling to make a half decent bag.

If you have shot all those birds then I doth my cap to you, but I seriously doubt it.

You also posted that I exaggerate, but failed to explain what you meant. Care to explain now?

I don.t think pc has shot that many this month I could be wrong and hes the daddy when it comes to pigeon shooting on here as we all know

if you have shot that many fair play no jealousy here either so take a camera with yer or a quick pic on your mobile phone and show us

I don.t think pc has shot that many this month I could be wrong and hes the daddy when it comes to pigeon shooting on here as we all know

if you have shot that many fair play no jealousy here either so take a camera with yer or a quick pic on your mobile phone and show us

Hi Daz, 575 in the freezer so far this month ,if your asking.

Would anyone be kind enough to invite me on my first pigeon shoot? I live in Lewes, East Sussex. I have shot clays and done some rough shooting this year I would love to get in to shooting pigeon and hope also to join Chichester wildfowlers.

Thanks

Joe

take a look on shooting available you may find some there

colin