Yellow Wizard

23 minutes ago, theshootist said:

I worked though a case of Yellow Wizards as a teenager using my step father's Greener GP. I'm certain they were plastic rather than paper cases though. The logo was exactly the same. 

I’ve got some plastic ones 

so you’re not loosing your memory 😊👍

My late father only shot Eley in 20 bore. Either the pink paper cased or the smooth yellow plastic cases with a cork overshot wad. In his 12 bore he shot S & B Mk II in an orange paper case. So I never saw these as a kid. The only proprietory cartridge I recall seeing and using were Powell's "General" and "Admiral" cartridges. 

• 5 months later...

Oh how the years fly by.!!  I vaguely remember hearing  about Yellow wizard cartridges and coopal powder  it never saw any...  before my time.  I do remember Frank Duke and got some of their cartridgesfrom an ironmonger when I was at school.  My friend and I did buy and split 500 Baikals and 500 Winchester GB's. I couldn't shoot the Baikals in my 25. holly Moley, the flash and bang were akin to anti aircraft shells.  My mate used them and I used the GB's.  A goose on oxygen at 20 thousand feet was fair game for those Baikals.   The guns didn't take that recoil for long.