Looking to get Magnetic cartridge stick

Been

I use a magnet taken from a broken pump from my Garden Pond.

Fixed to a shortened Broom handle , and it works a treat, You could I suppose use a magnet from a speaker.

Failing that Seeland offer a Pencil type magnet for about £10,0.

Edited by bakerboy

I bought one just before Christmas - easily picks up a dozen cartridges and for around £25 much cheaper than some of those I looked at - DECOY brand.

See http://webshop.gun.co.uk/shooting-accessories/shotgun-accessories/decoy-magnetic-cartridge-pick-up-stick.html

One of my friends bought the Seeland pencil type and managed to break it 1st time out (they are telescopic, like a radio aerial and therefore can be fragile if you are a bit hamfisted with them - as he obviously was!!)

Mine's the collapsible walking stick type, pretty sturdy and ideal for finding empties thrown into the nettles by my semi-auto!

Pleased with it so far

:good:

I bought one just before Christmas - easily picks up a dozen cartridges and for around £25 much cheaper than some of those I looked at - DECOY brand.

See http://webshop.gun.co.uk/shooting-accessories/shotgun-accessories/decoy-magnetic-cartridge-pick-up-stick.html

One of my friends bought the Seeland pencil type and managed to break it 1st time out (they are telescopic, like a radio aerial and therefore can be fragile if you are a bit hamfisted with them - as he obviously was!!)

Mine's the collapsible walking stick type, pretty sturdy and ideal for finding empties thrown into the nettles by my semi-auto!

Pleased with it so far

Another vote for this one and uncannily my wife bought me one for Xmas.

I still carry my magnetic pick up tool one that I have had for a couple of years, but now when using my semi I take my new one.

Cheers

I've got one of the cheap telescopic ones, Rolson I think. Its long enough to reach the ground without bending over and even has a little led torch in the end of it :)

Yep got one of those in my toolbox , and it only picks up one or two so not very good :no:

Pleased with it so far

Now that looks like it could do the job and then some :good: I think the pencil type may be a bit flimsy :sad1:

I got one from Aldi a while back and for a telescopic one it's actually quite meaty. It has a nice powerful magnet on the end of it that has an LED light in it that's activated when you twist it so you can even pick up your cartridges in the dark if that's your thing :yes:

Make one. It is rather easy

Old walking pole

5 x 8mm rare earth magnets from ebag.

8mm dowel

2 pack glue.

hacksaw

cut the end off the walking pole. i took is slow so i ended up with a 8mm hole. the end it tapered so taking it easy and a few cuts will get the right place

cut 5x 20mm slugs of dowel.

mix some glue and put all over one of the dowels, insert into pole then the same with a magnet, then another dowel. keep gluing and plugging until you have now magnets left. leave the last magnet flush with the bottom.

leave upright to dry so the glue can fill all the voids

if you joint all the magnets together without a gap you only get the two ends for the cartridges to stick to. if you have the dowels inbetween, you have 10 ends for the carts to stick to.

total cost was about £10 but mine are 3 piece sticks. fits in the bag but also reaches in the ditches and stingers without me having to bend.

use an old pool cue with a magnet screwed on the bottom. mine picks up to 8-10 a time on 2 magnets.

if u have a pool cue or similar pole i can post you a free magnet Been!

Thanks for the offer stu , but think i`ll go with,

http://webshop.gun.co.uk/shooting-accessories/shotgun-accessories/decoy-magnetic-cartridge-pick-up-stick.html

well not that particular one ,after doing a bit of searching i`ve found one for £19,95 at http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/3222/Magnetic-Cartridge-Stick/

Thanks again guys for all the info :good: :good: :thanks: