Vauxhall Signum experiences

Dazza9t9

Good morning all,

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences with the vauxhall signum 1.9cdti the 3 v6 diesel or I guess the 2.2 dti

I have a bmw 120d which has been a good car, cannot knock it. Had it for a year now with no problems.

I am considering changing it as I'd like aomethibg bigger. I'd love a 4x4 but I do 25k miles a year, mostly motorway, and a 4x4 would eat fuel.

I also have an a4 avant but the mrs drives that most of the time.

I bought the 120d as a economical, fun car to drive which it is. And then I have the a4 as a bigger vehicle however the mrs does not like the rear wheel drive in the BMW so I end up with it, even if I am off out shooting.

That said I do not need a big car to go out shooting, currently walk up and do not have a dog but I am hoping that changes in the future.

The bwm should fetch £6500 so I was looking at the signum. Plenty of kit on them, now to common and seen to been good mpg.

Like I said just wondered if people has any experiences while I try to make my mind up whether to change or stick with the bmw until I actually need a bigger motor

Thanks

Guest rimotu66

In my opinion do not touch the 3.0V6 CDTI with someone elses barge pole.

I bought a 07 plate one a year ago (if you see one registered J66VOX run away) from a dealer in Warrington and had nothing but trouble from day one with none starting issues, I took it to my local VX stealership who to be fair tried everything but they held there hands up in the end as it wanted at least £2k spent to make it right, the main problem was swirl flap operation (they are not removable as they are on BMW's).

It had other issues as well, the dealer in Warrington took it back eventually and I did get a full refund plus expenses so all turned out ok.

It was a shame because it ran great when it did run and the torque was fantastic, it wasn't very good on fuel though as I could not resist using the power. If you do buy one I have a brand new (on engine for 50 miles) engine cover sat in my garage you can buy :lol:

By the way that engine is built by Isuzu.

You have a BMW , trade it in for a newer/bigger one, I have a 320d sport touring and love it.

Edited by rimotu66

Guest rimotu66

I had one for a year when they first came out, couldn't fault it, loads of space in the back, seats dropped do

To be fair most cars will run without a problem for the first few years (apart from landrover) what version was yours and what mileage? Mine had approx. 65k and full VXSH

I have a 1.9cdti 150bhp comfortable goes like a rocket 50+mpg and reliable however as it gets used on a lot of short journeys the egr valve does stick every 6 mnths or so but 20 mins to whip off and clean, check the swirl flaps are working or you will need a new inlet manifold boots are huge as rear seats slide forward so still usable or when folded flat load area is bigger than most estates, mine has now done over 138k in that time its had a new clutch kit at 132k and a dpf at 135k other than that just routine servicing if they still made them i would have another also got an astravan 1.9 cdti last year same engine and gearbox as signum thats how much confidence i have in vauxhalls

Guest rimotu66

I have a 1.9cdti 150bhp comfortable goes like a rocket 50+mpg and reliable however as it gets used on a lot of short journeys the egr valve does stick every 6 mnths or so but 20 mins to whip off and clean, check the swirl flaps are working or you will need a new inlet manifold boots are huge as rear seats slide forward so still usable or when folded flat load area is bigger than most estates, mine has now done over 138k in that time its had a new clutch kit at 132k and a dpf at 135k other than that just routine servicing if they still made them i would have another also got an astravan 1.9 cdti last year same engine and gearbox as signum thats how much confidence i have in Vauxhalls

Great 1st post, Two question's...... Do you work for Vauxhall? :lol: Or are you trying to sell him your Signum :whistling:

Edited by rimotu66

I have a facelift signum and I find it a great car for carrying tools and parts as I use it for my private work

The rear seats are huge and being able to move makes it really comfortable when you have 4 adults in the car

I have 1.9 cdti and it has cost me a lot of money but it's only due to the last owner no keeping up with the servicing and doing very short journeys

I would say its worth every penny