Syrian refugees?!

carpentermark

I donate a small part of my wages to charity every month despite being on near minimum wage, I don't mind that money being used where it's needed, I do object to my taxes being used to support whole families in this country that don't want to work and have never worked. I graft to afford luxuries that too many lazy **** in this country take for granted through social security benefits. Genuine cases fine, but we all know families that avoid work like the plague!

The lower paid jobs in this country are taken by immigrants and they graft! Farming, the health system, labouring and lots more are supported and maintained by foreigners who contribute a damn sight more than many British skivers.

A relatively small number of Syrians won't make a bit of difference to this country except that they'll take some of the jobs that native Brits are too bloody idle to do.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think any decent minded person would agree with you, the level of moronic responses beggars belief.

Comments are only moronic when they are not of your way of looking at it or your beliefs.

I for one don't think it's anything to do with us regardless of what's gone on.

We each have our views and what we believe should be.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Comments are only moronic when they are not of your way of looking at it or your beliefs.

Figgy

your right we all have views, but sadly some have no levels to which they will not sink.

KW

UK%20Child%20Poverty.jpg

Now first of all i agree that no child should live in poverty and it is wrong it happens in the uk.BUT,

Poverty in the uk is classed as in a family where the income is less than £15000 a year,these families do though receive the basics and the children get free school meals so at least one hot meal a day is provided,they live in a country that is reasonably stable and has good utilities, there is fresh drinking water and also free health care.Now as terrible as being in poverty in this country is there is a system there to catch you , make sure you think about children in a conflict zone.

No medical care

no fresh water

no education

no house,but a tent is ok in the snow isn't it?

limited food, some on what they can scavenge or the red cross can supply, usually a bag of rice per family

A chance of being killed every day, with a probability that at least one adult member of your family is already dead(usually the father)

A chance if you are female of being raped

A chance if you are on the wrong side of the street of your whole family being murdered by the enemy

Now first of all i agree that no child should live in poverty and it is wrong it happens in the uk.BUT,

Poverty in the uk is classed as in a family where the income is less than £15000 a year,these families do though receive the basics and the children get free school meals so at least one hot meal a day is provided,they live in a country that is reasonably stable and has good utilities, there is fresh drinking water and also free health care.Now as terrible as being in poverty in this country is there is a system there to catch you , make sure you think about children in a conflict zone.

No medical care

no fresh water

no education

no house,but a tent is ok in the snow isn't it?

limited food, some on what they can scavenge or the red cross can supply, usually a bag of rice per family

A chance of being killed every day, with a probability that at least one adult member of your family is already dead(usually the father)

A chance if you are female of being raped

A chance if you are on the wrong side of the street of your whole family being murdered by the enemy

Thats all good and well but if they do come here they are most likely going to bring their muslamic ray guns with them and then its only a matter of time before ze revolution kicks off..... This country just cant support a few hundred extra people, its an island you know, it could sink!

I think any decent minded person would agree with you, the level of moronic responses beggars belief.

Figgy

I don't consider all comments that differ from my own views are moronic.

However, I think that comments that have no shred of human compassion, do not come from a decent minded person.

Some of the comments made on this thread I consider, "foolish, mindless and/or stupid" , which is the definition of moronic.

Yes they would but no middle eastern countries would ,didn't say know one would did i.

You'll probably find most of the Syrians know the difference in English Language between "know" and

"no" unlike many already here. No doubt their English is better than your knowledge of their language or ours.

SIX KEY FACTS

Net migration quintupled from 50,000 in 1997 to 250,000 in 2010. Nearly 4 million immigrants have arrived since 1997. Net migration fell to 176,000 in the year to December 2012 as government policies took effect.

A migrant arrives almost every minute but they leave at only just over half that rate.

We must build a new home every seven minutes for new migrants.

England is already, with the Netherlands, the most crowded country in Europe, excluding island and city states.

The population of the UK will grow by over 7 million to 70 million in the next 15 years, 5 million due to immigration - that is the equivalent of the current populations of Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Oxford.

To keep the population of the UK, now 62.3 million, below 70 million, net immigration must be reduced to around 40,000 a year. It would then peak in mid-century at about 68 million.

Revised September 2013. (taken from web)

Now im not against helping anyone in need but, there has to be a time when we realise that jumping in and trying to save everybody from all over the world whenever something happens whether it be war or natural disaster cannot be sustained whilst this country is in economic turmoil! We have cut budgets everywhere, hospitals, elderly care, care for the mentally ill, education etc etc yet we continue to find £millions for other countries issues?! I just cant comprehend why we would continue pouring money we supposedly haven't got out of the country at the detriment of our own communities?

So whilst people in this country are being flooded out of there homes, children being educated in schools that are falling down, the elderly freezing to death in their arm chairs because they cant afford heating and food and patients waiting to die in hospital corridors because of lack of beds all because of this, and previous governments incompetence I'm sorry but i honestly believe we should be taking care of these issues first!

Charity begins at home, rather than fighting a moral war around the world we should be doing everything we can from saving this country resulting in its own civil war!!!

Edited by carpentermark

SIX KEY FACTS

Net migration quintupled from 50,000 in 1997 to 250,000 in 2010. Nearly 4 million immigrants have arrived since 1997. Net migration fell to 176,000 in the year to December 2012 as government policies took effect.

A migrant arrives almost every minute but they leave at only just over half that rate.

We must build a new home every seven minutes for new migrants.

England is already, with the Netherlands, the most crowded country in Europe, excluding island and city states.

The population of the UK will grow by over 7 million to 70 million in the next 15 years, 5 million due to immigration - that is the equivalent of the current populations of Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Oxford.

To keep the population of the UK, now 62.3 million, below 70 million, net immigration must be reduced to around 40,000 a year. It would then peak in mid-century at about 68 million.

Revised September 2013. (taken from web)

Now im not against helping anyone in need but, there has to be a time when we realise that jumping in and trying to save everybody from all over the world whenever something happens whether it be war or natural disaster cannot be sustained whilst this country is in economic turmoil! We have cut budgets everywhere, hospitals, elderly care, care for the mentally ill, education etc etc yet we continue to find £millions for other countries issues?! I just cant comprehend why we would continue pouring money we supposedly haven't got out of the country at the detriment of our own communities?

So whilst people in this country are being flooded out of there homes, children being educated in schools that are falling down, the elderly freezing to death in their arm chairs because they cant afford heating and food and patients waiting to die in hospital corridors because of lack of beds all because of this, and previous governments incompetence I'm sorry but i honestly believe we should be taking care of these issues first!

Charity begins at home, rather than fighting a moral war around the world we should be doing everything we can from saving this country resulting in its own civil war!!!

And that I can mostly agree with, the trouble is that no one wants the low paid welfare jobs as carers, working in the NHS etc, Brits won't go and work picking cabbages and sprouts, it's left to immigrants to fill those jobs. The older our population gets the more we need young immigrants to support our future pension rights and keep us going. After all, we can't depend on half of our youngsters slobbing round the streets with their boxers showing and the **** of their jeans round their knees can we?

Get a life Timmytree

What, a life of knowing less?

The phrase "get a life" is used, rather ironically, by people who are particularly inept at almost any aspect of actual life. It's usually used as the last refuge of someone who doesn't actually understand the thing that is being discussed.

For example, if they overheard two particle physicists at a party discussing particle physics, they'd probably walk away shaking their head saying "get a life."

What "get a life" actually means is, "I'm too stupid to understand this conversation."

Get a life Timmytree

Would you care to explain exactly what that quotation means?

Purely for the benefit of our Syrian friends and any others that may be perplexed by nonsensical language.

"timmytree" is without the first capital letter, no need as it is not a proper noun.

Observation is the key.

What, a life of knowing less?

The phrase "get a life" is used, rather ironically, by people who are particularly inept at almost any aspect of actual life. It's usually used as the last refuge of someone who doesn't actually understand the thing that is being discussed.

For example, if they overheard two particle physicists at a party discussing particle physics, they'd probably walk away shaking their head saying "get a life."

What "get a life" actually means is, "I'm too stupid to understand this conversation."

A like minded person in the floodtide of ignorance and uneducated squalor.

Thank you!

Would you care to explain exactly what that quotation means?

Purely for the benefit of our Syrian friends and any others that may be perplexed by nonsensical language.

"timmytree" is without the first capital letter, no need as it is not a proper noun.

Observation is the key.

Thank you!

Well its time to leave it now this type of **** is starting

Thank you!

You're welcome. 'Get a life' is a phrase I detest, and for good reason. It's exclusively used by people who lack the intellectual capacity to further an argument and resort to name-calling.

Get a life? Irony-tastic.

Edited by Thunderbird