Syrian refugees?!

carpentermark

Children don't deserve it but there parents ? why have children if you cant provide for them.

While I admire your sentiment this has to be one of the daftest posts I've seen..........

I think you should read the whole thread, i have quoted a daft post for you.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Welsh1 said, the chances of anyone being successfully sued if they had administered first aid in good faith are extremely remote. Even if the first aid is unsuccessful. It is the unfounded fear of litigation and willingness to turn a blind eye that is the real problem. I don't doubt your concern is real to you, I just think it is unfounded.

I would,and have helped. I would hope others would do the same for me.

Welsh1 Daft post in what way, plenty in Africa know they don't have enough food and water yet still breed. To inflict that suffering on a child knowingly . When offers contraception decide its not manly to use it and save said suffering is daft.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

I think you should read the whole thread, i have quoted a daft post for you.

I did read the whole post but commented on the wrong bit. The daft post was saying we should take 10 million but I'm sure you'll disagree with that too. I've now removed my comment as on reflection I cant be bothered with this sort of nonsense

Welsh1 Daft post in what way, plenty in Africa know they don't have enough food and water yet still breed. To inflict that suffering on a child knowingly . When offers contraception decide its not manly to use it and save said suffering is daft.

Figgy

In the context of the post i quoted it was referring to the refugees in syria and was crass to say the least.

As for the problems with unwanted births in africa,then that is another debate for another day and would include the Vatican.

Imagine the posts if we were taught debating as a subject as they are in America.

Figgy

We do ok on here,believe me most Americans are not taught to debate,go on some of their forums,as exciting as watching paint dry,and i have worked with a lot,limited vocabulary and no true sense of the world outside of us of a

I did read the whole post but commented on the wrong bit. The daft post was saying we should take 10 million but I'm sure you'll disagree with that too. I've now removed my comment as on reflection I cant be bothered with this sort of nonsense

Fair comment :good:

We will take in the Syrian refugees at the end of the day because that's what we do, the world expects it of us. To our credit we are the most benevolent and charitable nation on Earth and always will be..... its embodied in the very soul of the nations evolution.

Plus I dont see why the French and Americans should get all 10 trillion cubic feet of their natural gas when the embargo is lifted' :whistling:

I dont mind the refugees coming here for their own safety but I want guarantees that they will go back when things calm down none of this human rights bull*hit stops them from going back...

Ok let us look at this from the perspective of someone who is traumatised by the way they were treated, raped beaten or whatever, would you want to go back and face the people and places where these things happened? Now use the same analogy for someone who is suffering from PTSD, would you send them back to where it all happened unless they wanted to face those demons themselves?

The UK does it to its own people every day

We cannot help everyone so we must decide who we will help

The democratically elected people have so you must either shut up or leave...or if you want you could start a Tyneside spring and the government could...you see where we are going with this?

I doubt there will be much of an option of them going back, It'll be years before Syria is back to normal, if indeed it even continues to exist as a country, the hatred and wounds being created there will take generations to heal, if ever.

Figgy

Really? The reason for large families is not what you say but because of the fact that so many children die young and families rely on children to do much of the work providing food and water for the family.

But Perhaps you are right, they just want sex and know that by having large families they will be starving themselves and their families eh?

I doubt there will be much of an option of them going back, It'll be years before Syria is back to normal, if indeed it even continues to exist as a country, the hatred and wounds being created there will take generations to heal, if ever.

Well I think us supporting an insurgency has done little to help matters though, Assad might not be loved by all but us fanning the flames has made matters far worse.

Well I think us supporting an insurgency has done little to help matters though, Assad might not be loved by all but us fanning the flames has made matters far worse.

Read the last line of Fisherman Mike's last post #133,there is the truth in one line.

Thats all good and well but if they do come here they are most likely going to bring their muslamic ray guns with them and then its only a matter of time before ze revolution kicks off..... This country just cant support a few hundred extra people, its an island you know, it could sink!

so what....i would rather my tax money goes on people that need it

Now first of all i agree that no child should live in poverty and it is wrong it happens in the uk.BUT,

Poverty in the uk is classed as in a family where the income is less than £15000 a year,these families do though receive the basics and the children get free school meals so at least one hot meal a day is provided,they live in a country that is reasonably stable and has good utilities, there is fresh drinking water and also free health care.Now as terrible as being in poverty in this country is there is a system there to catch you , make sure you think about children in a conflict zone.

No medical care

no fresh water

no education

no house,but a tent is ok in the snow isn't it?

limited food, some on what they can scavenge or the red cross can supply, usually a bag of rice per family

A chance of being killed every day, with a probability that at least one adult member of your family is already dead(usually the father)

A chance if you are female of being raped

A chance if you are on the wrong side of the street of your whole family being murdered by the enemy

exactly :good: :good:

Im not saying we shouldn't help these women and children , but if roles were reversed i doubt very much that Syria or any other middle eastern country would be sending us £600 million pounds or taking us into their country and looking after us.

so what......

we are not a "3rd world county"

some that know me well know that as a family we dont earn much.....I would rather my tax money goes on helping people come away from rape murder etc than just sitting on their **** in a council house...smoking fags and watching sky tv and wearing designer trainers

If we had the possibility of insurgents in Germany in the 1930 s WW2 would have been a lot shorter.

We will take in the Syrian refugees at the end of the day because that's what we do, the world expects it of us. To our credit we are the most benevolent and charitable nation on Earth and always will be..... its embodied in the very soul of the nations evolution.

Plus I dont see why the French and Americans should get all 10 trillion cubic feet of their natural gas when the embargo is lifted' :whistling:

I am not sure we are the most benevolent and charitable nation on Earth.

There over 1 million refugees in Lebanon, USA has a no limit policy for Syrian refugees, Germany has pledged to take 10,000, even France is taking 500, I believe we are expected to take around 200 (info from BBC News website).

Puts things in perspective for all the whiners.

If we had the possibility of insurgents in Germany in the 1930 s WW2 would have been a lot shorter.

There were the communists....I think they would count and all they did was polarise opinion to both extremes.

Edited by Nikk

so what....i would rather my tax money goes on people who need it

Me too old boy, I don't actually believe a revolution is in the making, that the uk will physically sink or that Syrian refugees will have muslamic ray guns :)

The democratically elected people have so you must either shut up or leave...or if you want you could start a Tyneside spring and the government could...you see where we are going with this?

I made my mind up 5 year ago to leave this country because of the path it was taking

Yes ill be a self funded immigrant in another country

Agree, Syria is very much a superpower playground

What's worse is the media make very little noise about the fact there is a proxy war going on between the Sunny and Shia. What was strange was our meddling in Iraq created another Shia dominated power while we generally seem to be supporting the sunnies.

Most weapons going to Al Qiada come from Saudi etc. Iran are supplying the weapons to Assad. On top of which the supper powers are fiddling round the edges and this will become a protracted and bloody campaign.