Syrian refugees?!

carpentermark

I am not sure we are the most benevolent and charitable nation on Earth.

There over 1 million refugees in Lebanon, USA has a no limit policy for Syrian refugees, Germany has pledged to take 10,000, even France is taking 500, I believe we are expected to take around 200 (info from BBC News website).

Puts things in perspective for all the whiners.

All have considerably greater land mass than the UK. Germany and US considerably wealthier than UK, not sure about France........ Entirely proportionate I should say. Sorry for whining :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody who can't see the inevitability of serious civil unrest coming to this country will be very surprised when it happens then?

Probably you younger guys who will see it happen, I don't wish it on you but our own complacency and overt tolerance of people who hate our way of life will be the cause.

Laugh about it if you like but it will be catastrophic. Not a reference to a few hundred Syrians, which of course is not the number we will end up taking in anyway.

Anybody who can't see the inevitability of serious civil unrest coming to this country will be very surprised when it happens then?

Probably you younger guys who will see it happen, I don't wish it on you but our own complacency and overt tolerance of people who hate our way of life will be the cause.

Laugh about it if you like but it will be catastrophic. Not a reference to a few hundred Syrians, which of course is not the number we will end up taking in anyway.

They have been saying since the last civil war in this country that another is on the way,but in the 400(approx) years since there has not been one,and that is because we are civalised,we have a good society on the whole, and the will of the people to avoid a war in this country.

Yes you are right,there will probably be another civil war, but i believe it is a long way in the future.

There have been people and nations who have hated us for hundreds of years and you can include france and spain,we have never capitulated and still stand tall on the world stage,it is because of the people of this land,and the way they act that keeps us whole and a unit that continues in peace.

I'm interested in why you think there will be catastrophic civil unrest, what is the motivation and why will it be any different to all of the other civil unrests that have happened over the last couple of hundred years? Surely the very fact that society has the ability to change (leaders, accepted norms and opinions etc) negates any really serious build up of pressure? There are always reactions to anything widely unpopular and a corresponding reaction from govenments so as not to lose votes. Call me naive but we are a very, very long way from civil war in Britain and a great distance even from widespread civil disobedience. There have always been pockets of civil unrest throughout history, very few can be descibed as catastrophic.

They have been saying since the last civil war in this country that another is on the way,but in the 400(approx) years since there has not been one,and that is because we are civalised,we have a good society on the whole, and the will of the people to avoid a war in this country.

Yes you are right,there will probably be another civil war, but i believe it is a long way in the future.

There have been people and nations who have hated us for hundreds of years and you can include france and spain,we have never capitulated and still stand tall on the world stage,it is because of the people of this land,and the way they act that keeps us whole and a unit that continues in peace.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid it doesn't take account of the facts.

We are experiencing rapid changes in the makeup of our population on a level that has never been seen before. Unless we put the brakes on it will end in tears.

People believed that WW1 was the war to end all wars yet within the lifetimes of some who fought in that we had WW2. That was entirely avoidable had it not been for head in the sand complacency.

We are seeing radicalisation of our own people by religious zealots who are free to roam the streets peddling their bile while all the time we are being forced down the route of tolerance of everybody.

Sorry to go off topic, it really is something we need to discuss and be aware of though.

I'm interested in why you think there will be catastrophic civil unrest, what is the motivation and why will it be any different to all of the other civil unrests that have happened over the last couple of hundred years? Surely the very fact that society has the ability to change (leaders, accepted norms and opinions etc) negates any really serious build up of pressure? There are always reactions to anything widely unpopular and a corresponding reaction from govenments so as not to lose votes. Call me naive but we are a very, very long way from civil war in Britain and a great distance even from widespread civil disobedience. There have always been pockets of civil unrest throughout history, very few can be descibed as catastrophic.

We have never before been marching towards the situation where a very large number of people with a totally different outlook have been allowed to proliferate unchecked among us.

I'm probably better off not airing my views on it as they seem to be taken as OTT, people also poo pooed my warnings that we were racing towards one of the biggest financial crashes in history well before that happened.

There is proof on the internet that immigration fails and leads countries to civil war. That all immigrants survive on welfare and contribute nothing to the host nation. That showing compassion and accepting people who have had a truly horrific time a safe and better future leads to the melt down of society. The proof is on forums like this, not factual, just scare mongering and "we are all doomed".

Im off to buy a subscription to The Daily Mail, its the way forward.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid it doesn't take account of the facts.

We are experiencing rapid changes in the makeup of our population on a level that has never been seen before. Unless we put the brakes on it will end in tears.

This country and especially the capital and major port towns have always seen rapid change,the east end is famous for it's jewish migrants ,then it's indian and then polish,nothing has changed radically.

People believed that WW1 was the war to end all wars yet within the lifetimes of some who fought in that we had WW2. That was entirely avoidable had it not been for head in the sand complacency.

The clue was in the war titles,world war,and it effected almost every nation,it was not the civil war in this country you talk about.

We are seeing radicalisation of our own people by religious zealots who are free to roam the streets peddling their bile while all the time we are being forced down the route of tolerance of everybody.

You see a minority, but because of media these days it is reported instantaneously,you have had unrest throughout the ages by dissenting groups but they have never overcome the will of the population.

Sorry to go off topic, it really is something we need to discuss and be aware of though.

A small vocal minority and you believe civil war is on it's way,this country is more complex than you give it credit for,do you not think that the agencies that work on our behalf have these people monitored ,what better way to find their supporters than let them chant in the street.

The HUGE majority of this country will not let a small minority take control.

Do not believe everything you are fed by media,go out yourself and see,can you shop in peace, travel around the country, have a pint in a pub,then it's not all bad is it.

We have never before been marching towards the situation where a very large number of people with a totally different outlook have been allowed to proliferate unchecked among us.

I'm probably better off not airing my views on it as they seem to be taken as OTT, people also poo pooed my warnings that we were racing towards one of the biggest financial crashes in history well before that happened.

Yesterday the police were raiding houses in Newcastles multicultural dump and arrested another sex grooming gang

Police are saying not to jump to conclusions but i know who my money is on

More rubbish rooster, our population is slowing down compared to the extent it did during the industrial revolution. If you mean that there are more people of different race rather than actual numbers please say so.

The facts are there are a few hundred people who are suffering in a way that you probably have no concept of and you bring the conversation back to radicalisation when you cannot see that the radical is the one who stares back at you in the mirror every morning

A small vocal minority and you believe civil war is on it's way,this country is more complex than you give it credit for,do you not think that the agencies that work on our behalf have these people monitored ,what better way to find their supporters than let them chant in the street.

The HUGE majority of this country will not let a small minority take control.

Do not believe everything you are fed by media,go out yourself and see,can you shop in peace, travel around the country, have a pint in a pub,then it's not all bad is it.

The point I was making about the world wars, which you obviously missed, was that the second one could easily have been avoided if the germans had been made to keep to their rearming limitations, they didn't play by the rules and the end result was inevitable.

Entirely your choice to believe what you will, you wont be talking about a minority though at the rate things are going, there is a lot of resentment building as things change. Not to worry, que sera sera

The point I was making about the world wars, which you obviously missed, was that the second one could easily have been avoided if the germans had been made to keep to their rearming limitations, they didn't play by the rules and the end result was inevitable.

And what the heck has that got to do with syrian refugees,and to a lesser extent unrest in the uk leading to civil war?

Your train of thought is a best fragmented.

More rubbish rooster, our population is slowing down compared to the extent it did during the industrial revolution. If you mean that there are more people of different race rather than actual numbers please say so.

The facts are there are a few hundred people who are suffering in a way that you probably have no concept of and you bring the conversation back to radicalisation when you cannot see that the radical is the one who stares back at you in the mirror every morning

Thank goodness there aren't more people like you in society, it would be a very much more worrying place! So if I'm a radical who do you think I'm planning to blow up or slash to death with a machete?

Our indigenous population could indeed be slowing in growth which makes the actual population growth even more concerning.

The conflict when it comes won't be borne of race but of religion I'm afraid.

And what the heck has that got to do with syrian refugees,and to a lesser extent unrest in the uk leading to civil war?

If you read my post you would have seen my apology for going off topic. I'll leave it alone from here. Lets have a few thousand Syrians, can't do any harm.

Entirely your choice to believe what you will, you wont be talking about a minority though at the rate things are going, there is a lot of resentment building as things change. Not to worry, que sera sera

If you read my post you would have seen my apology for going off topic. I'll leave it alone from here. Lets have a few thousand Syrians, can't do any harm.

I read your posts and my quote was a direct response to the quote of yours that i have highlighted, i stand by my comments.

Yet again it is a problem of people who divert what is a simple problem into a complex one that they have a problem with. I say again this is just a few hundred people who most need help. If you have a problem with them coming here then act with your heart and go to Heathrow or wherever they are due to come into the country and tell them that you do not want them here.

It boils down to no less than that, in fact I double dog dare you to do it.

It is xenophobia pure and simple.

Yet again it is a problem of people who divert what is a simple problem into a complex one that they have a problem with. I say again this is just a few hundred people who most need help. If you have a problem with them coming here then act with your heart and go to Heathrow or wherever they are due to come into the country and tell them that you do not want them here.

It boils down to no less than that, in fact I double dog dare you to do it.

It is xenophobia pure and simple.

It may only be a few hundred but add them to the 1000+ Syrians already here

Add them to all the other few hundreds and we have millions

This is costing the country billions and has created non British areas even whole towns

What are you getting at? Is this something the rest of the world does, but I`ve yet to be asked?

Not a problem, it will be coming out of our collective pockets anyhoo. What about yourself? Look this kid in the face and say "I don`t care!" easy to do when it is a picture, what about in real life?

send them to you up in scotland

send them to you up in scotland

Send some to Wales as well whilst you're at it, the celtic nations are used to a few invaders here and there ;)

I do find it amusing though that on threads like these it's usually English folk that show signs of identity crisis and paranoia.

Chill out, the country is evolving time to get with the programme, the good 'old' days are exactly that.

No helmet needed but no doubt I will have touched some nerves.