Found a superb Miroku 800

eredel

Just found and bought a lovely condition Miroku 800 ( I think) Trap today.

I'd like to be able to find the manufacture date....has anyone any idea how to find this from the serial number?

I'm chuffed with this, spent a little while giving a good going over then took some pics....see attached.

Eric.

post-9640-0-02773900-1391277730_thumb.jpg

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_info/Mirokusprings.html

Hi Eric

try this, the late great Peter Wall from Rushall taught me to shoot when I was 13 with his miroku 800 trap and Colin with his lanber, they are great guns i wish i could find one like that, i always shot better with the Miroku and have had several of the MK series including MK38 G5, MK38 Grade 3, MK60 but always hanker over an old 800 trap that I learnt with

Richard

Edited by sishyplops

Hi Eric

try this, the late great Peter Wall from Rushall taught me to shoot when I was 13 with his miroku 800 trap and Colin with his lanber, they are great guns i wish i could find one like that, i always shot better with the Miroku and have had several of the MK series including MK38 G5, MK38 Grade 3, MK60 but always hanker over an old 800 trap that I learnt with

Richard

Hi Richard,

Already tried wading through that but had a glass or three of wine so gave up for now!!

Got it from Phillips this afternoon.....beat ya!!!

3/8 and full on the ticket but a 1 stamped on the top barrel and a 3 on the bottom so I'm wondering if it's 1/2 and full.....28" barrel.

Was out looking for an MK38 or a 3800 and ....bingo!!....Richardsons have one but not as nice as mine!!

Eric.

Eric.

Hi Eric

Richard

I don' t know the gentlemen who trained you but I work next door to Rushall.

The chap who accompanied me today shoots an MK38 Grade 3 Trap and much to my chagrin I've witnessed him shoot too many 25/25's!!

Eric.

Philip does very well out of you :lol: almost as well as he does out of me, i'd get him to measure the bore to get the actual choke, i shouldered that Gold Mallard before you picked it up, very nice indeed, i got mine from him as well but it was a black action with gold inlays, never seen one like the one you had before. still onwards and upwards the 800 will service you well I am sure pre 1976 i reckon, send some pics to Harwood Green he's the man for old Mirokus

Happy hunting

Look at the proof marks for the date stamp . One word of warning when these guns were imported and proofed the proof houses still used plugs so if a .719 pug was entered at the 9 inch mark they would try the next size up .729 if this did not enter then the gun was marked at .719. Problem was as it turned out that a lot of these guns being bored in that insidious metric were bored to 18.5mm that translates as .728 . What this means is that that gun is in proof by .001 . When this anomaly was noted the proof houses used an intermediate plug of .725 and worked to the upper and lower limits so you do get Miroku's proofed at .729 that measure .726/7. Worth having checked and if it is one of these early problem guns and you bought it from a dealer you ought to talk to him about getting it reproofed .

Edited by Gunman

Look at the proof marks for the date stamp . One word of warning when these guns were imported and proofed the proof houses still used plugs so if a .719 pug was entered at the 9 inch mark they would try the next size up .729 if this did not enter then the gun was marked at .719. Problem was as it turned out that a lot of these guns being bored in that insidious metric were bored to 18.5mm that translates as .728 . What this means is that that gun is in proof by .001 . When this anomaly was noted the proof houses used an intermediate plug of .725 and worked to the upper and lower limits so you do get Miroku's proofed at .729 that measure .726/7. Worth having checked and if it is one of these early problem guns and you bought it from a dealer you ought to talk to him about getting it reproofed .

Always someone wanting to rain on my parade!!....lol!

Seriously....thanks for the heads up.

Eric.

25 years ago when I was into clay shooting I shot with a Miroku 3800 26" barrels 1/4 &1/2 I held my own against some quality shooters !! Then someone convinced me I needed a 30" multi choke so I changed & I didn't gel with at all, I ended up with a Miroku 800 Trap much like the 1 found here - I really liked it but in the end I gave up & sold it