Fishing Bite Alarm,Works in All Weathers,Needs no Batteries.

neil treloar

This is my Bite Alarm,Works in all weathers,is 99.9% accurate and requires no batteries.Only ever trouble is trying to switch her off,loves Fishing! She will watch the float,the end of the rod,or whire the line is in the watch,when it looks like a bite,she whines,if I ignore it,she pushes against be,looks at me,looks at the rod,looks at me.Saturday morning,or any time I pick up a camera,a tin of sweetcorn,andthing I take Fishing,she won't settle unless we go fishing,I only have to use the F-Word,she knows(Fishing) recently I have been saying,I'm going Angling today,she has started to twig,angling and fishing are the same thing.She has another great tallent as a squirell spotter if anyone wants to go shooting in the woods,this is the dog to take,I don't know if she hears them,smells the,or sees them,I suspect all 3.She can be asleep at work( I am a roofer) suddenly wake up,run off to a tree,yap yap yap,There will be a squirrel.She has had 1 kill so far.(Pleant more Rabbits though)

post-68188-0-07403100-1391349375_thumb.jpg

Edited by neil treloar

I'd like to see a video of this if you could ever arrange it!

I have lots of Videos of this dog,Stella.If you have stumbled across me on this forum,you will see,I have onlt just been able to put a picture on here,doing Videos must be a whole other ball game.I'll ask the Collie to help,she far outsmarts me!

Yeah, Border Collie- obsessive compulsive disorder :lol:

They do have Obsessive compulsive disorder.We always had lurchers or deerhounds,far easier to deal with,but I love my Collies little traits.Once I got the bulk of her chasing everything that moves issues out of her,I admire her smartness so much,siply her ability to solve a problem,very quickly.Just a simple example,If I got over a fence on a walk,and she could not get over,she would easily run off for 5 inutes,a very long way around,because she knows an easy way to get where we need to be,and she would arrive.One command I have is,GO ROUND,to do what I ahve just mentioned.It works if we are walking,I see a load of mud,say,"Go ROUND",and point away from the mud,she will go around.They soon learn.I am no dog trainer,but I play to here strenghs,when something comes naturally,and it is of benefit,I encourage it.She has that rounding things up instinct,a wide outrun they call it on one man and his dog.Getting into the work van or my car,she will never ever just jump up in the back,or on the seat,as she sits in the front,but she will always walk the long way around the vehicle,and then get up,always.She is not fast like my old lurchers,but has had maybe 30 rabbits in her time,and most of those came because of her knowledge,not her speed.The times I see a rabbit infront,wish she would go after it,and she runs back,around over the wall,and takes them from behind.It's very impressive to observe.