Best price for le chameaus

jimmyb79

Hi all, I've suspected my le chameau chasseurs of leaking for a little while and finally found out why tonight. Little hawthorns stuck in the sole have caused mud to push up under the inner sole and into the boot! I'm going to try and plug them with some storm seal, but suspect they may be a bit far gone!

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get new ones just in case it doesn't work?

• 2 weeks later...

Gents - been a Chameau owner for yonks (fit me very well and can walk miles in them). Bought a new pair 18 months ago and I've now recently binned my THIRD pair on warranty replacement, all leaking catastrophically around the 'welt'. Such a shame but that's me done with the brand now. Quality has gone down and down in recent years which is shameful for expensive leather lined wellies. They were great for warmth, comfort, fit and letting your feet breath a bit more......but the quality is so dire now. I wish it were different but.......

Tried a pair of Aigle Parcours....a bit 'country rock star' in looks but the lining is very good. They don't fit quite as well as the Chameau but they have lasted 4 months so far which is longer than the 'first' set of the recent Chameau's. I wear them at least 4 hours a day so a decent boot gives a very good 'cost per wear' return.

Just wanted to share an expereince and say watch out!

good luck

I tried the leather lined aigles before I went with le chameau a few years back. The fitted ankle rubbed my ankle something chronic and I found them really uncomfortable which was a real shame. I've got my new le chameaus now, I'll see how they last but if they don't do well, this will be my last pair.

Next time it'll be harkila!