Premium Bonds is it a big con.

Fisherman Mike

I went thru a spell of winning every month for about 6 months only £25 each time but nothing for about 6/7 years..

Only got about £5/600 worth..

But I'm going to buy more tho..

Cash them in and buy new ones, I did it with £ 2 k worth I'd had for about six years that didn't win anything for two years, within two months I had two £25 wins. I'm not into conspiracy theories but I do wonder if bonds a few years old somehow go onto the back burner so people buying new bonds think they are a good deal. They are all picked by a computer so I'm certain it would be impossible for a programme to do anything like that.

• 5 years later...

My husband and each  have had 37k in PBs since 2007 ....not once have we won anything more than £25 and in the last year i have only won 2 of £25 prizes 

All £25 prizes we  have won have been reinvested but not one of them has won a prize so we are now at a point of seeing  Premium Bonds as a total scam because despite a range of letters and numbers we simply do not win anything like the number of prizes that should happen and the nonsense responses from N Sand I are totally ridiculous