Last Game Shoot

thegreg

Hi Chaps, just thought id put up a couple of pics of our last shoot, well it was two seperate ones really but the same place ;) which was StBoswells near Selkirk in Scotland. Both were really good days, i got my treasured Woodcock! two of them aswell! i think we got 50 odd between us each day, some were dumped in feeders along the way, i got a rabbit aswell but the dog ran off with it!! B) Im the lanky *** on the left :good:

DSC00007.jpg

Most of the days birds.

DSC00037.jpg

Both my o/u's did me proud, Beretta and bettinsoli, got about 30 birds over the two days. My friend Russ (on my left) did really well with my Remmy 870 aswell, to the amazement of the gamekeeper, taking a pigeon at 80 yards!

Greg :lol:

No mate all the woodcock are in the picture, 4 of them at the front, two of which are mine (very chuffed i was too B) ) i meant when there was too many pheasant to carry we dumped a few in feeders, so the gamekeeper could collect them later :good: the pic doesnt show our full bag, as a few were 'dumped' along the way ;)

greg :lol:

'Put down' generally means how many poults are released on the shoot in the summer prior to shooting.

Odd nobody has mentioned the 80 yard pigeon :)

oh yes of course, i went completely off on that one! the answer is i dont know, i think a lot of the shoots we did on the second trip had been left for a year or two, so we didnt ask. that pigeon was genuine! it landed about 2 fields up wind! the gamekeeper was stunned, but given the gun it was mainly down to luck! :)

It wasnt my shot bud! as i said it was my friends (the guy on the left of me in the pic) he struggles a little to understand the relatively short range of a shotgun and will take such stupidly long shots i laugh, but be it luck or whatever he hits them! i let it fly straight over my head, way out of range, then..... bang!, clack clack, bang! it comes spiraling out of the sky! credit to the lad, shot of the day! :)

Greg :)

It wasnt my shot bud! as i said it was my friends (the guy on the left of me in the pic) he struggles a little to understand the relatively short range of a shotgun and will take such stupidly long shots i laugh, but be it luck or whatever he hits them! i let it fly straight over my head, way out of range, then..... bang!, clack clack, bang! it comes spiraling out of the sky! credit to the lad, shot of the day! :)

i think it mite quailffy for shot of the year!

i think it mite quailffy for shot of the year!

He wants his **** kicked for even attempting a shot like that. How many birds are hit only to die later? 80 yds is way beyond the effective killing range of any shotgun.

Of course that is just my opinion.

Tiercel