Anybody own ?

JohnFreeman1310

Hi just after some opinions on the browning b525 as I have just lost my permission and thinking of trading my r10mk 2 in for a nice new shotgun just hows the build quality feel ect. I'm hopefully going to get a lesson in this week and sure they have one for potential buyers to try but just a little foresight.

Thanks john.

I bought one 4 years ago put thousands of carts through it no trouble just had the bottom pin reshape s as was getting the odd light strike (cart would fire from top barrel but not bottom)

Get a decent recoil pad fitted like an Isis the standard browing plastic plate is viscous! Very reliable action and design lots of choice, new model has had some tweaks but some lovely older guns out there like the one on gun watch 425? With stunning wood in Cornwall. Is it for clays or game or rough shooting? Lots of variations to choose from but only choke, barrel length and ribs really change (sporter and game models) some are invector barrelled some inv+, same mechanically as the MK38 which can be better value have a look at used GD5 MK38's

Edited by HDAV

if you are serious about 525 go to the private guns for sale now and buy the 325 grade 3 for sale in Cornwall,for £900 you are getting a great gun and will have £1000 leftover......I also cannot see it losing value if looked after and it will shoot as sweet as any more modern Browning.........(I have no interest in the 325 nor know the seller,but in your position would grab that 325 while you can)...atb.

if you are serious about 525 go to the private guns for sale now and buy the 325 grade 3 for sale in Cornwall,for £900 you are getting a great gun and will have £1000 leftover......I also cannot see it losing value if looked after and it will shoot as sweet as any more modern Browning.........(I have no interest in the 325 nor know the seller,but in your position would grab that 325 while you can)...atb.

Sound advice - the higher grade guns are likely to have been looked after more and shot less and are a great buy at the moment.

As been said the higher the grade the nicer to look at and handle better due to being hand finished after coming of production lines.

More desirable when selling. For your budget I would be looking at Grade 5 and 6 guns that are older.

Have a look at the 525 heritage to see the high grade version of it. A Miroku MK grade 5/6 will make a good buy, essentially the same gun as a 525 for less money.

Figgy

I've seen the 325 but would like a new gun with warranty ect I've looked at the silver pigeon 1 ive shot a friends and liked the feel a hit well with it.

John

Honestly no need for a warranty on lightly used browning or miroku............... Totally different animal to the silver pigeon, if you like that then buy one (probably need that warranty!)

I bought a new Silver Pig a couple of years back and the quality was naff + the bottom barrel often failed to fire. I sent it back to the dealer after discussing the matter over the phone and agreeing that he would take the equivalent money off a 525 - when he received the Pig he said that the finish had been worn away from one side of the stock and he could no longer sell the gun as new-I had fired less than 50 cartridges thru it!!. Anyhow-after a threat of court action he was good to his word and I received a 525 - apologies to all Berretta owners but the Browning is simply in another class :)

Nothing to back it up but the full width hinge pins on the browning/miroku just strikes me as a much stronger arrangement than the split trunnions in the berettas and CGs.

325s are also demi-block barrels, the OU equivalent of chopper lump, rather than a tube sleeved onto a block.

Edited by theshootist

had a lovely 425 in a 32 inch multi choke for sale complete with isis recoil system,briley chokes in mint cond for £1000 was £1100 due to being knocked down as usual, but i'm now thinking of keeping it because i shoot quite well with it , but unfortunately it hurts me as i need an operation in my shoulder (but then again any gun will hurt me until my shoulder gets sorted)

Hi Iced I'm in Burnley I've not been Wyre before but wouldn't mind meeting up sometime I can't make this Sunday sorry I'm working fir sat sun nights this week but am very grateful for the offer I was hoping to get a lesson in on Friday but have a few bits to try squash in before work so it might have to wait till midweek for that.

John.