Lost my dog today

manxman

My 12 year old Springer died today. Out for a walk with the younger dog and old Ben, the poor old boy just keeled over and died. I suspect it was heart failure. His health had not been good lately, getting a bit thin & short of breath. I can't believe how upset I am.

Edited by manxman

Thanks for the kind comments folks. He was a tough old boy, old school to look at. Built like an outhouse with an attitude to match. A nightmare to train but boy could he work. All day. Any weather. Never felt I really bonded with him like the younger dog but it still hurts like hell.

Really sorry for your loss, I've got a 4 year old Springer and he's my best mate so can only imagine how much you're hurting but it was probably the best way for it to happen. Better that than getting hit by a car or suffering for ages and having to be taken to vet to be put down. In other words, if i were a dog its how id wanna go.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Are you a Manxman living on the Island or moved away? I'm from Ramsey but now live in Warwickshire and visit family fairly regularly.

So sorry to hear this news-nothing will make the hurt any easier but sit down alone with a glass of Scotland's finest and toast his memory by recalling the best times together.

Paul, I'm a Manxman living in Onchan.

Bruno, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Very sad news. I had to have my 16 year old Jack Russel bitch put to sleep last December through ill health. To be honest, I wished many times that she would either die in her sleep or just 'keel over' so that the decision to end her life would be taken away from me.

As mentioned by others, he had a great life and his life ended doing what he liked best.