Prices

rjimmer

Last year one of the big local estates buiried a load of pheasants rather than bother taking them to the game dealer. Let's face it the value to them is in the shooting not the eating. We were picking up a brace of first grade big birds for £1.50 at the dealers or swapping them for ferreted rabbits.

Pigeons are selling for 10p so if you are a ruthless profiteer you can't afford to miss many ;-). Had a nice one last time out, three pigeons with two barrels. Just need to work out how to justify the travelling costs now, think I'll just write it all off as "corporate entertainment" and eat the pigeons myself.

Last year one of the big local estates buiried a load of pheasants rather than bother taking them to the game dealer.

I heard of this happening at a shoot local to me. Still not sure if it was just a rumour or a happening.

Disgusting, they could have given the bloody things to me if they didn't want 'em.

Gives the sport a bad name.

Regardless of whether the money is in the eating them or not - burial of them is disgusting, its ***** like these which make the sport be fighting for its life in the situation we're in. I always thought it was just a rumour by antis, if true then the people who do it should face some sort of punishment.

Whoops, maybe shouldn't have mentioned it, wasn't me who did it, I've just had a gut busting meal of roast pheasants with all the trimmings and as usual really enjoyed it. I guess it's just a logistics game to some of these big shoot organisers, not trying in any way to defend it before you start chucking snowballs at me.