RIP Powell

mothy1983

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New stock and labour will not come in for less than £2000,I looked into this recently...it is a lot of hours and a decent blank is @ £1000+........There are some very clever glues and it is probably repairable......I have a very similar break on an old gun,which at some point I'll get repaired...if you do go down the repair route I will be very interested in how it works out,please post before and after results?atb.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would post an update...

The insurance company has wrote the gun off due to it not being economical to repair and today I received a cheque for £1000, I asked them how much will it cost me to buy the gun back off them and the chap on the phone said "keep it" as it will cost them too much money to collect it only to have it destroyed, so I'm quite happy with the outcome I will use some of the money to have it glued I've had some quotes and it will cost around £300 ish and the epoxy resins now are stronger than the wood.

I will post the pics once it's done.

Thought I would post an update...

The insurance company has wrote the gun off due to it not being economical to repair and today I received a cheque for £1000, I asked them how much will it cost me to buy the gun back off them and the chap on the phone said "keep it" as it will cost them too much money to collect it only to have it destroyed, so I'm quite happy with the outcome I will use some of the money to have it glued I've had some quotes and it will cost around £300 ish and the epoxy resins now are stronger than the wood.

I will post the pics once it's done.

If you don't mind me asking did you have separate gun insurance and if so who was it with? I am currently looking into getting mine insured. Regards

• 3 months later...

Well I cant see the join ! Excellent refurb of the stock.

I wonder how much straightshooter charges for a stock on an H&H, mines old but the stock could do with replacement ? I think I'll PM him.

He has done a cracking job bud I cannot recommend him enough, send him a PM