fishing meet

colin lad

I could be interested in this, if course fishing or small water fluff flinging.

Only 5 weeks left if you want to include a river for course.

was thinking more down the lines(pardon the pun) of spring summer when the weather is better so june would be ideal

be nice if we could have a bbq or something like that while there

colin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Colin, with the state of the rivers, unless it's floodwater barbel fishing, everything else would be a waste of time.

But June sounds good.

was thinking more down the lines(pardon the pun) of spring summer when the weather is better so june would be ideal

be nice if we could have a bbq or something like that while there

colin

Any firther thoughts on this chaps?

I agree June 15th onwards so that we have the option of rivers...it may even have stopped raining by then and the beaches may be safe to go on!

I am up for any sort of fishing apart from sitting behind buzzers waiting for a carp called Steve or Dierdre etc...

There must be a campsite somewhere with its own lake or a river through it which is also close to some good saltwater fishing or even a charter boat, unless we stick to freshwater and go slap bang in the middle of the country so travel is easier for most.

Spinning is going to be the most widely accepted method as all disciplines of anglers can do that easily (unless they only pole fish).

I might make it down if shell island is selected, though the site owner needs to agree all male parties in advance. the fishing is right at your feet bass and mullet at this time and as far as the bass go its not very "peggy" so all have a chance, mullet are mainly in and around the harbour area and can be seen, nothing has a name, it is tents only and there is a bar. Camp fires are or rather were allowed when I last used to visit.

Downside its not an easy drive in as it looks on a map and bank holidays forget it! the island is also cut off by tides for periods of the spring tides