fishing meet

colin lad

There is a place by me with several lakes, coarse, carp and specimen and also has the river Blythe running through it which is a lovely little river.

There is also a day ticket trout water the other side of the road on the same estate if people wanted fluff chucking.

It is also within 15 minutes of M6, M42, M5, M40 so easy to get to....hence why the village claims to ge the centre of England I guess!

Doesn't it also claim some cycling 1st?

And an oldest club for the gentry with quivers?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't it also claim some cycling 1st?

And an oldest club for the gentry with quivers?

Yep...there is a monument to cyclists on the green and there are two archery clubs, the one I wasn't a member of is for landed gentry (owned by the same guy as the estate) and you have to be a lord the shoot there!

Try a weekend on the Bass. fly, bait, pluggers etc all happy and well suited to carp rod use with peeler , fish or worm / shellfish baits. Loads of camping round the coast

sounds like that could be a good idea any idea of location?

There is a place by me with several lakes, coarse, carp and specimen and also has the river Blythe running through it which is a lovely little river.

There is also a day ticket trout water the other side of the road on the same estate if people wanted fluff chucking.

It is also within 15 minutes of M6, M42, M5, M40 so easy to get to....hence why the village claims to ge the centre of England I guess!

http://www.packingtonestate.net/fisheries_main.html

I admit I am biased as it's 5 minutes from me and I got married on the estate last year.

can chat about that tomorrow also sounds good

Good Idea, Ill be up for it if I can manage to dig out all the gear from the back of the garage!!. A campsite nearby would be good.

feel a caravan trip coming on?

colin

Where's that 88kg from,

Hi stiggy, I do mainly carp fishing but moving into catfish more and more. I went to home farm in alsager and caught my first cat of 26lbs a few years ago. Never played anything like it and I've had plenty of 20+lbs carp. Not been out in last 2 years but got a lot booked for this year then France or Ebro next year. How about yourself.

ATB 425

You lads who like your catfish...save up and get to British Columbia on the giant sturgeon....500lb fish jumping like trout...awesome fun!

I have seen a tv show on giant sturgeon in British Columbia. Looks like ultimate dream fishing, absolute monsters. Also always fancied palm tree lagoon in Thailand. I think john Wilson's brother runs it or something along them lines. All the biggest fish from around the world stuffed into one lake.

Maybe a PW trip to British Columbia ?

I have seen a tv show on giant sturgeon in British Columbia. Looks like ultimate dream fishing, absolute monsters. Also always fancied palm tree lagoon in Thailand. I think john Wilson's brother runs it or something along them lines. All the biggest fish from around the world stuffed into one lake.

Maybe a PW trip to British Columbia ?

I went in 2006 - had 18 sturgeon from 10 to 500lb and over 30 salmon to 50lb on the fly in five days fishing...absolutely incredible place. Cost me a month's wages but was worth every single penny!

One of the larger ones...

7cde1d41.jpg

500lb sturgeon i would settle with a 50 gram gudgeon at the moment it's been too long since i got to drown a maggot

colin

Gudgeon are one of my favourite fish...I love the stunning little fellas...the little river through the place I mentioned earlier has some monsters Gudgeon in it

Jesus Christ. That sounds like fishing nirvana. One hell of a fish. Big congratulations. Do you mind me asking roughly what ball park figure.

From memory I think I paid £1400 ish for 5 days fishing, the hotel (which was pretty basic), breakfast and lunch whilst fishing. Unfortunately my brother couldn't go otherwise it would have only been a couple of hundred more for 2 anglers rather than me on my own, the advantage of that though was I had two rods out for sturgeon all the time - local laws is one rod per person so I effectively had my guide's rod as well.

Try a weekend on the Bass. fly, bait, pluggers etc all happy and well suited to carp rod use with peeler , fish or worm / shellfish baits. Loads of camping round the coast

I'd come along with the lure rods if it's a salty venue and not millions of miles away. I only really have gear for sea or fluff flicking is a possible if I can remember how to cast!

Edited by -Mongrel-

Venue is a difficult one but there is a camp site NW wales below the Llynn called Shell island. Depends on who is going and from were they are traveling. Going for Bass gives everyone some fishing and fly can be good, but best after the crab peel when they become totally pre-occupied with the crab giving sport only to peeler baits