Lincolnshire - variation turnaround times

rogcal

Lincolnshire send out renewal forms stating to send them back at least 4 weeks before your renewal date to ensure they can process them in time ! I sent mine back 6 weeks before my date. I rung them , as I noticed my cheque had not been cashed. They had no record on the system of my renewals. She stated they had a backlog , of logging them on the system. My renewal date was the Sun before the last bank holiday Monday. On the Thursday before, having received no word or temp certificates, I rang again. They had no diary entry to say I needed temp certificates !! She stated she would do them on the Tuesday, until I told her I would be in unlawful possession of firearms ! She then did them that day and I picked them up. A sad, shocking state of affairs !

• 5 years later...
On 11/02/2014 at 15:35, rogcal said:

Has anyone got any recent experience of Lincolnshire police's turnaround times for variations?

Following a call to them today I was advised 60 days but could be longer dependent on workloads.

I really don't know what is going on at Lincoln but I do know that since G4S got their feet under the table matters have got worse and when one considers that when Lincs police were dealing with all aspects of licensing, variations were being turned around in 14 to 21 days

Given that my co-terminous renewal took almost 5 months last year, I'm not looking forward to another long wait!

I have had two variations on my F.A.C. this year both were completed with in one week.

Congratulations to Lincolnshire firearms  department.