How to post pictures using Photobucket

fenboy

After reading posts on a regular basis on how to post pictures, I thought I would put up a easy step by step guide .

I use photobucket so have based it on that , you can open a photobucket account free at www.photobucket.com.

Its very handy to back up you photos on there as you will not lose them if you computer dies etc !

Photobucket will also resize photos automatically so they are the correct size for the forum , so no more annoying "file too large" messages.

I hope you find it useful.

STEP1_zpsccd9fffe.png

STEP2_zpsab24820f.png

STEP3_zps8b59bf7e.png

STEP4_zps6cbc1d12.png

STEP5_zps1d30e1fa.png

STEP6_zps64e02c38.png

STEP7_zpsd92e6e43.png

STEP8_zpsca66970e.png

STEP9_zpsf61e586b.png

STEP10_zps1fa304a9.png

Once you have pasted your code into your thread it will appear as a picture once you have submitted it.

Edited by fenboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Fenboy

I am having this trouble also. When I tried this the other day it worked brilliantly but I have now gone back to do some more and it doesn't work.

I have just tried ctrl+v and that doesn't work either. I have tried to import a fresh pic in to photobucket today to see if that maked a difference but again no joy.

Any help would be appreciated

Marshman

Not sure why you are having a problem .

Occasionally I have had to go back to the photobucket home page after downloading a photo rather than going straight to the library or recent download tabs.

Try going back to the home page then select library and then try selecting the picture you want , other than that I have no idea Sorry.

Good support FenB

The odd thing is..... you could previously go to the bottom right of the write/edit post box and click on "more reply options" and browse your computer images to add a file straight in if small enough. This option now seems to have been closed off in the last few weeks..... shame, has the site system changed this function?

Good support FenB

The odd thing is..... you could previously go to the bottom right of the write/edit post box and click on "more reply options" and browse your computer images to add a file straight in if small enough. This option now seems to have been closed off in the last few weeks..... shame, has the site system changed this function?

I have no idea , the great thing about using PB was the fact that there is no need to faff about resizing pics as it does them automatically .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to post pictures using an iPad? Iv uploaded to photo bucket but no option to then post on the page?

I would think you should be able to , if you move the cursor over the top left of the photo and click on the icon it should drop down and give you a option to share links click on that it should copy then paste into the topic box on here.

• 2 months later...

Good support FenB

Only just seen this.

That function is still there in certain forums but not others, it will work in this one for instance but not Off Topic