CZ 527

steve_b_wales

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/searchm.htm?type=merged&searcht=CZ+527+

Unless you want to get expensive ;)

http://www.joewestriflestocks.com/inlets.php

:( poor old CZ what he doing to you ? ;)

Nothing. But I'm prone to dent wooden stocks, and would like to change the original for a laminate.

Wow us that all they are from Boyd's ?or will I get stung by tax etc or poor fit ....

( sorry to jump on board but I like those )

As far as I recall they are about £120 ish by the time they get here. As for fit I have no idea.

Nothing. But I'm prone to dent wooden stocks, and would like to change the original for a laminate.

Ye me too mate am only messing ;)

Wow us that all they are from Boyd's ?or will I get stung by tax etc or poor fit ....

( sorry to jump on board but I like those )

I had one last year for $99 (Howa/Weatherby). With delivery, taxes etc it came to £136 and my barrel and action dropped in perfectly and it shoots lovely.

Boyds are usually a fairly safe bet, I have only had one with a slight defect out of maybe 13-15 I have handled. They are as good as factory inlets, hell, they do the factory inlets for some manufacturers they supply stocks for. £120-130 is about the going rate by the time a $99 stock gets here. Good range of colours, honest delivery times but the downside is their limited range and they are all quite short L.O.P. usually sub 14".

I've never checked my L.O.P but I find it better than the Hogue stock was.

Might I suggest a proper deep hand rubbed oil finish of the existing? This way dents can be easily drawn out by steaming using a well wetted bit of thin towelling (cheapo face cloth) and heat from a stock or even electric iron. Laminates are hard and stable but also have a tendency to look rough after a good few days in the field. Summer project perhaps?

I think I'll stick with the original stock. I've fitted a stock protector on it, and will cover the rest of the wood with self clinging camo tape. This should prevent most dents and knocks damaging the stock. And, I'll have to learn to be more careful.

I generally plan on using a wood stock till it needs work then refinishing with hand rubbed oil myself. CZ wood is often far better than it seems when you have done some work on it, factory just want to get the gun shipped. You do right keeping the one you have