Foxing last night

miffy

Decided to go lamping last night as the weather seemed to clear up a bit. I mamaged to shoot 7 but if the wind had been on our side then another double figure night would have been on the cards.

We'd only been out for a couple of hours when the heavens opened up on us so we called it a night.

Ranges were from 40 yards to 195 (paced)

I managed to shoot a dog and a vixen within 5 yards of each other which was a bonus......the dog fox didn't want to leave his good lady behind which makes a change as they aint normally so loyal

post-2584-1169411256.jpg

Nice one miffy :/ Surprised there are any foxes left around here :no::lol:

I should be hearing about those foxes at the bowling club in the next week or so. The manager is fine with it he has just got to get the nod off the committee - he doesn't think it will be a problem so will let you know once i get the all clear.

Nice one miffy :/ Surprised there are any foxes left around here :yp: :lol:

I should be hearing about those foxes at the bowling club in the next week or so. The manager is fine with it he has just got to get the nod off the committee - he doesn't think it will be a problem so will let you know once i get the all clear.

No worries Stu just let me know :no:

There is still a few left tho but i'm doing my best to keep on top of them :lol:

top man miffy you know your stuff by the looks of thing :lol::lol:

ya luck b------d!!!!! :lol:

kirky

Cheers Kirky.....I have had alot of practise tho :lol:

Thanks for all the comments guys :lol::lol:

Firstly, crickey thats some amount of foxes.

Secondly what time did u venture off and get back?

Cheers

Alex

???

Set off around half eight and got back in around midnight, first 3 were shot (from the same spot) by 9 o clock.

We sat in the motor for a bit when the rain started just to see if it would ease up enough to get some more shot, as there was plenty showing.

Got a few more farms to cover so i'll be out again soon to see if i can get a few more.

Thanks again Guys :good:

Good Job there ain't a market for the pelts :no: ............Jeeze those Foxes sure seem to like Derby unlike over here where I think we have more Chinese Takeaways :lol::P

Good shooting :lol: ................... Unlike the Shotgun ,myself and Dougy included ???:good:

:/:/:/

If there was a market for pelts i'd be out most nights.

Hey don't knock my shotgun shootin......i've got an excuse :no:

Top shooting Miffy

Are you going for Franks crown this year :/:lol:

SS

Nope

Top shooting there mate. how did you go about shooting them did you bait an area and lie in wait?

Sam

Don't bother baiting an area, we drive round in the landy and cover alot of ground in a night.

I've shot the land for years and have a rough idea where foxes will be. Sometimes have a call for 5 mins or so........this produced the first 3 the other night all, shot from the same spot and within a few yards of each other :good: