retromlc

£5k isnt cheap quite a lot of other guns round that money competitive market

CG Summit/Apex/Ellipse

Zoli Kronos/Z-sport

Beretta DT10/11/687EELL

Browning GD5/Prestige/Heritage

Blaser F3 Pro

Kemen KM4

off the top of my head....... is it a cheaper perazzi? or the P gun essence in a cheaper package?

I handled one today and liked it,what review says is they looked at the popular orders and make them like tha in batch runs and finish to same qualityt,the one I tried was 30" tapered rib,, sporter weight, nice slight slope on the grip with small palm swell, which would as chance have it be my requirements. And I've had a Zoli Kronus and they are not in the same division.

• 1 month later...

Saw this gun at the shooting show and think it looks horible not for me , it might shoot well but it's got to look the part and it just looks naff with the big lettering on the sides.

I'm on the lookout for some 682E decals I can stick on my current gun as it doesn't look cheap enough despite my best efforts.

It hasn't got the wedge and draw action of the other perrazzi guns.

Made cheap to sell expensive, why would this gun be near twice the price of a beretta 692 or Browning equivalent as the mxs is made the same way not the hand finished article of its stable mates, more the runt of the litter to me.

A second hand MX 2000s would be my choice.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Blaser F3 Professional (So what they call on the website the Competition Sporter) - with 32" barrels.

Still getting used to it - but couldn't be happier, very, very impressive communications from Blaser UK and Mulliner Guns (where I got it from), and the gun is sweet - just a real feeling of balance and quality.

The MXS is a nice looking gun - but I'd always know I got the 'cheap one' and to be honest, it just didn't feel as special as the Blaser. (Blaser feels very 'Germanic' to me - and I like that in engineering!)

Blaser F3 Professional (So what they call on the website the Competition Sporter) - with 32" barrels.

Still getting used to it - but couldn't be happier, very, very impressive communications from Blaser UK and Mulliner Guns (where I got it from), and the gun is sweet - just a real feeling of balance and quality.

The MXS is a nice looking gun - but I'd always know I got the 'cheap one' and to be honest, it just didn't feel as special as the Blaser. (Blaser feels very 'Germanic' to me - and I like that in engineering!)

I sometimes think certain manufacturers need their heads examining with some of the moves they pull :| , it really beggars belief how they can make some glaringly obvious errors. Even the likes of Beretta have managed to get their sums wrong with specs on very recent offerings such as the DT11 as well as the 692 when in truth both are superb products let down by very minor detail.

Blaser too made some early school boy mistakes but I agree their newer guns feel and look spot on although I still personally don't like the barrel bulge to accommodate the chokes and may never buy one for that reason alone. I have said this before but CG are the only company that seem to go from brilliant launch of products and ideas to the next with ease, they must have an outside person advising them who can see the wood for the trees.

I picked my new F3 Pro up from Mulliners on Saturday, he gave me a decent price for my previous silver action version. Ian really looked after me and did me a good deal. If anyone is looking for a premium shotgun then I would highly recommend using him.

I'm left handed and although the stock is left handed and fits beautifully he had to switch the way the top lever opens. I'd never seen inside a shotgun before and it was very interesting watching him work on it and seeing the internal mechanics.

The gun took a little getting used to as the stock is slightly longer than what I have and I've gone from 30-inch barrels with flush-fitting chokes to 32-inch with extended chokes.

Hopefully they will be doing some Kreighoff style barrels with the gap between, and as these guns are modular you can just take the current ones off and attach the upgraded, lower bore, or shorter ones.

I picked my new F3 Pro up from Mulliners on Saturday, he gave me a decent price for my previous silver action version. Ian really looked after me and did me a good deal. If anyone is looking for a premium shotgun then I would highly recommend using him.

I'm left handed and although the stock is left handed and fits beautifully he had to switch the way the top lever opens. I'd never seen inside a shotgun before and it was very interesting watching him work on it and seeing the internal mechanics.

The gun took a little getting used to as the stock is slightly longer than what I have and I've gone from 30-inch barrels with flush-fitting chokes to 32-inch with extended chokes.

Hopefully they will be doing some Kreighoff style barrels with the gap between, and as these guns are modular you can just take the current ones off and attach the upgraded, lower bore, or shorter ones.

Completely agree on Ian - was/is a complete star, even called me after the gun arrived to check I was happy - and run through how I was getting on with it. The gun was superbly prepared as well, I wanted a slightly longer LOP - Ian fitted a new kickeez pad, machined it out to keep the weight down - and it looks like it's always been there and fits spot on

Took me 3 goes before I got used to the same change in length, first session was a mare - now could not be happier

Edited by peteri

Completely agree on Ian - was/is a complete star, even called me after the gun arrived to check I was happy - and run through how I was getting on with it. The gun was superbly prepared as well, I wanted a slightly longer LOP - Ian fitted a new kickeez pad, machined it out to keep the weight down - and it looks like it's always been there and fits spot on

Took me 3 goes before I got used to the same change in length, first session was a mare - now could not be happier

I went straight over to Purbeck shooting ground and shot 300 cartridges, soon got used to it. Edited by bisondan