New perazzi MXS

retromlc

• 11 months later...

The MXS hasn't been well received at all but they do shoot very well. I tried one last summer and a couple of the competition lads have them. Tim Richards for example does pretty well with his.

I think the real problem is that it's like the Perazzi equivalent of the Porsche Boxster - It's for those who can't afford a proper one. :innocent:

Best read the reviews

a starting point - at the end of the day it has to "fit" no matter what it costs - I use a bog standard mk38 grade 1 for around £1400 or so new as a benchmark for what other guns may or may not be worth to me. I purchased a used mint miroku grade 5 because I love beautiful wood, its all a matter of preference - but do get the basics right when purchasing - just my view

Edited by joecash

yep can't afford the real deal yet just wondered if the real m'coy is really £3500 better than the mxs do you think p guns are good value full stop

if you dont let your brain rule your heart and look at it objectively the answer has to be a resounding NO

however people being people who knows

I have had lots of guns.who hasn't?some Beretta A400's & a silver Pig,a Browning ultra XS prestiege,a Fabarm STL high rib and 2 Perazzi's an MX12 game 30" and my present MX8 303/4,I couldn't get on with the MX12 at all,the Ultra XS was probably my 2nd favourite gun,but the MX8 sporter feel about the best I have ever had,it has a beautiful SNVera high grade stock and I love it,I think it was well worth the £4000 I paid second hand,would I buy it new for £8/9000?no,but used they are excellent value.They seem to hold steady on the values once new money is lost.

If it doesn't fit,buy one that is close then have a gunsmith fit an adj comb kit and tweak it,a new stock is mental money,or if you went somewhere like Chris Potters they have so many used stocks that they will swap the stock to one that will fit,that's what they did with mine.for me it was no extra.I was in the shop for about 4 hours going over the stuff they had,it felt like I was having the gun made for me.

Had the pleasure to shoot the HPX variant in 33" sporter and 34" game gun certainly a very strong build and got on very very well with the 33" sporter on every thing from skeet to the high tower birds superb gun but just not convinced they are worth £8500, but is a grade 5 browning/miroku worth £4000+, as the same action/barrel in grade 1 is £1800

I've only seen 1 been used on my travels, did look nice in the flesh and the owner could deffo use it to full effect.

But personally I'd just bypass it and look straight at a 2nd Hand mx12.

Same as any new item, first owner always takes the depreciation. You've got to ask yourself if it's worth it to own a brand spanker.