The New Wolverine C Type

Zetter

Anyone else thinking "EWWWW what the hell were they smoking" on this? I feel for all the people who were pinning their hopes on something that looked like the .303 as this isn't the answer by a long way.

Pic

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/174957-The-new-Daystate-Wolverine-quot-C-Type-quot-with-cylinder

Edited by Zetter

Seems the whole gig is about versatility and adaptability of the base chassis (changing from cylinder to bottle etc) . Interesting he was talking about 12 ft lb to 30 ft lb, its financial suicide to do this to an existing 12 ft lb gun in the UK at present but bears plus points if the retailer can achieve it as regards stock at point of new sale. Also means the basic chassis goes to the states with a bottle and higher power meaning less costs to the manufacturer. Are they however thinking towards possible future changes in UK legislation though? If airguns are licenced in Scotland successfully it will likely end the 12 ft lb market there overnight and will England and wales follow?. That said its likely all about the USA market. The picatini rail will allow better forwards bipod mounting no question a fault on many pcp buddy bottle guns

After having a nose at the shooting show today it looks better in the flesh but I still cant work out why they didn't rubberise black the wood stock the way they do for the tactical rifles and it would have matched nicely

Strangely the air rifle market is all about wood, unlike other rifles were laminates and various synthetics are preferred. It could have something to do with their connection to Minelli the stock makers

Strangely the air rifle market is all about wood, unlike other rifles were laminates and various synthetics are preferred. It could have something to do with their connection to Minelli the stock makers

I just thought if you are going to go synthetic for the front why not make the whole thing black even if it means coating the wolverine standard stock the way they do for the tactical variants. I mean they are wood stocks underneath with a rubber black coating. Take you point with air rifles though at the moment synthetic is a bit of a dirty word.

Edited by Zetter

As a Daystate Fan I'm a little disappointed cos of the way the Stock is!I thought Daystate would have done a different design to the original Type B Stock but it's the same as Type B with a plastic bit covering the Cylinder.

Not for me as I still prefer my Huntsman Classic and Air Ranger rifles.

The gun looks rather wierd to say the least. As mentioned above, it looks like someone has 'cut n shut' half a wooden and half a synthetic rifle. Horses for courses I suppose...a lot of people don't like the AirArms TDR styling, but ho hum lol.

With regards to the Airgun licensing mentioned above in Scotland...do you have any more information on that? It was my understanding that even if Scotland license airguns, nothing will change down South.

-Andrew

The gun looks rather wierd to say the least. As mentioned above, it looks like someone has 'cut n shut' half a wooden and half a synthetic rifle. Horses for courses I suppose...a lot of people don't like the AirArms TDR styling, but ho hum lol.

With regards to the Airgun licensing mentioned above in Scotland...do you have any more information on that? It was my understanding that even if Scotland license airguns, nothing will change down South.

-Andrew

You are correct, Andrew - in theory! The regulations will stay exactly the same south of the border, although my understanding is that, should you live south, but want to shoot on the North, you will need one.

There's also a big school of thought that England is using Scotland as a guinea pig. Gun law lobbyists this side of the border will be using it as a test case to see if it achieves its goals - whatever the heck they are - and then make a move to enforce it here as well. We shall see...