Just a quick post to say I had a great time at Mill Farm Hankham East Sussex nr Eastbourne this morning. It was the second time I have shot there everyone is very friendly, good layout - 50 and 70 layout skeet and something else that was far too advanced for me but looked a lot of fun. Thoroughly would recommend this ground.

Joe

shot mill farm quite a few times, always enjoyable.

we tried chalk pits last weekend as our regular shoot was waterlogged. first time there and was pretty good, all 5 stands sim pairs.

if you haven't already give normanhurst a go, its on the same sunday as mill farm. last time we shot there they had sporting and dtl on.

alternate sundays to mill farm/normanhurst there is a shoot at horam, stumbletts gun club, friendly bunch and good food.

I thought it was in alfriston but just couldn't find it anywhere or seem to find any details for it on the web, I'm in denton so not far at all and usually go to South Downs gun club which is a lot further away. Dothe chalk pits have a website or a point of contact and can u just turn up or have to book?

Thanks

Mill Farm and Chalk Pits are sort of run as sister clubs, if you join one you also become a member of the other.

if you shoot them regularly you get a good discount, chalk pits was £4 discount as a member on 50 birds.

both you can just rock up and shoot as a guest.

i'm not good on directions and as far as i know no website for them, but if you pm me your email address i'll try and mark a map up for you.

Chalk Pits had 50 bird sporting and DTL on last time w went

Mill Farm has 50/70 bird sporting, Skeet & Compact.

Mill Farm is on this weekend, and they shoot alternate sundays with Chalk Pits.

I found a website for chalk pits but I think it's just a test site and they say they don't publicise because they are so small.

There is a similar club in my local town, Crowborough, just a local shoot every two weeks. Don't want too many people because it's a small site. Welcome, and friendly, if you just pitch up but not recruiting new people.q

• 6 years later...

It was always every fortnight but tbh haven't been for ages, not sure I could manage "heart attack Hill" these days. I know they had their gear pinched more than once. 

I understand Mill Farm at Hankham is back open, not too far from you if your near to chalk pit. Willow farm out at Appledore is a good shoot if you don't mind a drive. They're open all week except Mon iirc. Then there's Northall at Fletching see their website for details. Southdown over near Worthing is worth a look too if they're open. 

(a bit vague as I haven't been for a while)