Deer tex jackets

sean johnston

I,ve been wearing a Ram jacket for just over a year now. I wear it beating as well as all my shooting duties and find it to be one of the best jackets that I have ever had.

They will keep you warm as well as dry..although in real wet weather it will get in a bit!

All the best

Buzzer :lol:

:lol: I have a pair of Deerhunter Realtree trousers which were waterproof, windproof and lovely and warm in the coldest conditions.

Trouble came when it was time to wash the mud and dried blood out of them for the first time.

Following the instuctions on the label other than i washed them at 30 and not 40 , i thought everything would be fine.

The first thing i noticed when dry was that the colouring had definately faded a bit but not being too woried about that i continued to use them.

The trouble came when i was caught in a downpour for the first time ending up getting soaked to the skin as any sembance of them being waterproof or even water resistant had gone.

There was nothing on the labels to say that washing would destroy the waterproofing and even though i have tried expensive sprays from camping shops, they are still not as good as original. If anyone has cured this problem, i would be grateful to know the product used because at about £9 a can it is a dear way of experimenting every time they need washing.

:lol:

If i wasnt up to my eyes in ironing,i would really give you piece of my mind yp. :lol: .......and how can that be a site for women?the word initave is quite clearly displayed at the top of the page,they wouldnt know the meaning of the word :lol:

(he says retiring to concrete fallout bunker) :lol:

How about washing it with no detergent,i know it wont pass the Daz doorstep challange afterwards but it would get the worst of it off i would think

Many Gore-Tex etc garments state that detergents should not be used, use pure soap flake instead.

Make sure that your detergent drawer is completely empty before you start and under no circumstances use softner.

This is because detergent will destroy the coating of you jacket - the very purpose of detergent is to make water wetter and therefore more penetrative of your garment and the grub.

Here endeth The Science!

I have posted before, about the qualities of my 12 year old Musto coat. :lol:

Despite being worn boat fishing (salt, fish guts etc), rough shooting (mud, blood and "who knows what"), freshwater fishing (groundbait, more mud, clay etc), shopping (mucky people in Tescos), it is still 100% waterproof and windproof.

It has been regularly machine washed, following the instructions and using "TX DIRECT WASH-IN".

This product is recommended for Gore-Tex, Sympatex and "all waterproof breathable clothing". :yp: