Show Us Your Fourten

Rimfireboy

Came across an article on the net, H&R Tamer. Anybody got a fourten, any pictures?

I think this is designed for the "survivalist" or "prepper" type in the States and comes with a selection of various calibre barrels does it not? With a bag to sore them all. The stock is pretty neat and feel it might lend itself rather well to one handed shooting on the lamp etc

Did you buy it with the moderator or have you added it after , I have been thinking of one one my old hammer single ?

I've had the gun since the early eighties I think, maybe longer. Had the moderator made for it at Gunsport in Rotherham, again, back in the eighties. Works very well with eley fourlongs, which are by far the quietest cartridges I've tried with the mod fitted. Used to good effect reducing numbers in a large rookery last year where noise was an issue. Probably be doing some similar work this year. When noise isn't an issue however, I'd prefer to use it without as it's just like pointing a stick.

Here a list of a few I've owned and a couple of pics-

Baikal single barrel

Baikal stealth hushpower (shown in pic)

Webley and Scott bolt action x2

Grange gun co bolt action

Anschutz bolt action (shown in pic)

Really wish I'd not sold the anschutz as I shot great with it, don't currently have a .410 but hoping to change that with nice little multichoke o/u.

post-18953-0-17759600-1392924308_thumb.jpg

post-18953-0-71012800-1392924340_thumb.jpg

I've had the gun since the early eighties I think, maybe longer. Had the moderator made for it at Gunsport in Rotherham, again, back in the eighties. Works very well with eley fourlongs, which are by far the quietest cartridges I've tried with the mod fitted. Used to good effect reducing numbers in a large rookery last year where noise was an issue. Probably be doing some similar work this year. When noise isn't an issue however, I'd prefer to use it without as it's just like pointing a stick.

Been thinking of having one made up but would have to be local for f2f now under current laws , I remember several on sale in the seventies and you could have them posted to you then , bit of a pain now finding them as closest cities are Birmingham ,Bristol or Cardiff ,rang gun dealers/rfd in Cardiff nothing doing so will be a long trip

to source one , what are the dimensions of yours ?