Show Us Your Fourten

Rimfireboy

Been thinking of having one made up but would have to be local for f2f now under current laws , I remember several on sale in the seventies and you could have them posted to you then , bit of a pain now finding them as closest cities are Birmingham ,Bristol or Cardiff ,rang gun dealers/rfd in Cardiff nothing doing so will be a long trip

to source one , what are the dimensions of yours ?

Inch and a half diameter and ten inches long, that's the dimensions of mine,lol..

post-55706-0-29861000-1392993064_thumb.jpg

Here's Mine ,can any one remember the adverts in the Exchange and Mart for them back in 1976 ish they were available with 24 inch barrel on SGC ore like mine on firearms

Deershooter

I was still in junior school so no, but I fancy one of them now a very handing thing to have checking traps / wires. What uses have you listed can I ask?

I have a couple of vintage .410's (which btw don't need a licence in the Netherlands, as long as they are made before 1945 and black powder proofed ) and a couple modern ones. In the Netherlands you aren't allowed to do any shooting with a .410 :no: not even use it on vermin control.

I'm trying to put a picture in, but how do I do this ? Doesn't show the asked URL :blush:

Here's Mine ,can any one remember the adverts in the Exchange and Mart for them back in 1976 ish they were available with 24 inch barrel on SGC ore like mine on firearms

Deershooter

I remember the shooting section in it but don't recall that gun , seeing as you have it on f.a.c. have you got slugs on it as well , what choke is it ?

I don't think I have ever seen the shotgun or sect 1 version before ,very interested are they still available if so who makes or supply,s /imports them ?

Here's my 3" chambered cooey full choke :) plenty of meat on the breech ;)

Hi Here's my Baikal .410 O/U, it uses the same action as the 12 bore just has the smaller barrels so it's a bit heavier than most .410 O/U s,still a good gun though.

Both of them have enough meat in the breech for an elephant rifle

Here is the shotgun 24 inch barrel version I don't own this one and not sure if they are legal on SGC now

I remember the shooting section in it but don't recall that gun , seeing as you have it on f.a.c. have you got slugs on it as well , what choke is it ?

I don't think I have ever seen the shotgun or sect 1 version before ,very interested are they still available if so who makes or supply,s /imports them ?

No don't have slugs and it's 3 inch chamber full choke kicks like a 44 mag first shot it ended up 4 foot behind me

Deershooter

Here is the shotgun 24 inch barrel version I don't own this one and not sure if they are legal on SGC now

If it's single shot it should be legal on section 2, so long as the barrel isn't less than 24 inches, the overall length isn't specified. Self loaders and pump actions need a minimum 24 inch barrel and overall length of at least 40 inches. As I understand it.

If it's single shot it should be legal on section 2, so long as the barrel isn't less than 24 inches, the overall length isn't specified. Self loaders and pump actions need a minimum 24 inch barrel and overall length of at least 40 inches. As I understand it.

I think the shoulder stock needs to stay on to do this total?

I like the fourtens , I suppose the small calibre reminds me of a large calibre rifle where as the larger bore shotguns seem a bit ofa overkill thing , ok I know the pattern on most is usually poor and is not helped by being full choke , anyone that's tried them on clays will know you really have to be a good shot ,my favourite is seeing the smile on a youngsters face when they fire their first shot with a 2" shotshell , I like small gauges so much I have just bought a 28 and the difference in pattern really has to be seen .