Beretta A400 Running In Suggestions Please

arrybash

Hi,

Just bought a new Beretta A400 Xplor Light.

My dealer advised me to break it in using 36 gms cartridges. I was going to use it on clays for the first time and the location I use has a maximum load of 28 gms cartridges. I have some 32 gms cartridges, but 36

gms cartridges are not exactly an everday size.

Is my dealer just being cautious?

What would you advise?

Can I get away with 32gm or even 28gm?

Thanks for your guidance.

Chris

Eek you are so right and I have only just read your message. It says the same on my box. Only problem is I have now run 50 x 28gm cartridges through it with fibre wads.

It didn't have any problems cycling today so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed no long term problems transpire and pay my £50 for a Beretta 10 year warrenty.

Chris

Fair enough. If you`ve read through the whole manual from front to back and it makes no mention of a running in proceedure then - problem solved!

Pretty much every other semi auto I`ve ever owned has recommended doing that but if Beretta are satisfied that it is no longer reccessary for that model that`s pretty much all the advice you require.

If you`ve just spent almost £2000 on a gun, and the people who make it recommend that you follow a certian course of action, why would you contemplate ignoring that advice?

yes I now agree with that because an extra four ounces of shot will definitely remove any machining residue swarf and transportation grease the new guns are usually caked in Which you should of cleaned out of your gun when you purchased it new anyway what a load of 💩💩💩

Clean the preservative grease off the gun before you fire it, I just kept pulling the bolt back on mine and letting go for about 50 times to "run it in".

After lubing the parts that needed it I went shooting with 24gm ammo and it was faultless.

The trigger group stays very clean compared to a 391.

It always slightly amuses me with the "ignore the makers advice" and "I never clean my gun" brigade that I don`t think I`ve ever seen anyone advertise a gun for sale with the words " Never cleaned and all other manufacturers advice ignored."

Perhaps one of you, and you know who you are, would care to try it.

Let us know by how much it affects the price.

I was given the same advice when i got my Outlander. Where did you purchase the shotgun from? I put through 250 rounds of 36g before switching to a lower load just to be sure. Its not given me any cycling issues.

I was given the same advice when i got my Outlander. Where did you purchase the shotgun from? I put through 250 rounds of 36g before switching to a lower load just to be sure. Its not given me any cycling issues.

• 5 years later...

Thanks to all of you for your varied advice . I shoot A400,s and have never had a problem, 1, always read the manual for any semi automatic shot gun, FIRST, as there are various loading and unloading procedures, 2, clean the gun prior to firing, 3, lightly oil the working parts, 4, pull the barrel through to ensure any surplus oil is removed and the bore is clear of obstruction,5, most importantly clean after firing, wether 50 rds or 500 rds carbon is produced by burning powder, which will over time corrode, and reduce the efficient working and condition of your gun!! Good luck, and keep moving!!