BASC membership benefits

David BASC

Dear All,

Just a gentle reminder that BASC is continually working on improving the membership benefits package, more details on the current package are here:http://basc.org.uk/join-basc/

Any feedback on these benefits, or indeed thoughts on other membership benefits you would like me to look into just let me know!

Regards to all

David

Hi David,

Are there any moves afoot to bring back the old variation where it was worded 'To acquire one xyz rifle on disposal of xyz rifle serial No 23456 etc'

I have a rifle on order from a dealer 40 miles south of me that is also willing to do a part/ex for my present rifle.

To carry out the transaction I would have to travel 40 miles to trade in my present rifle, then travel 30 miles north of me to get a 1 for 1 variation, then travel back to the dealer.

The whole transaction would involve travelling the best part of 200 miles and take at least two days, which seems a bit uneccessary when the old wording on the variation used to make things so simple.

Edited by EMcC

I would change the present discount purchasing system for a specific retail discount policy - buy from Blah and get 10% OFF as a BASC member exclusive discount - I wont be using the present system on offer.

I would look at specific endorsements of specific products e.g. shooting gloves, so that new members can buy the best at £20-30, £30 - 40 or whatever.

I would also consider the obverse of that which is a BASC set of gloves, or neck warmer (with logo) - made in conjunction with a specific manufacturer, a bit like the Jamie Oliver range of cookware but without a huge premium, the extra income feeding the reduction in membership costs. The expertise should be with manufacturers so it shouldnt cost a bomb.

Partner with or 'absorb' other existing but perhaps failing shooting organisations, a single organisation will, in the long run, be better for all

Buy out Guns on Pegs or agree with them to sell days with BASC Game season membership/enhancements at reduced rates ( a little bit), gives a volume audience immediately, there may be others worth looking at specific partnerships with.

Consider how BASC could offer a civilian licensing service as an alternative to the police in the longer term - there is a new mood at the moment and it seems that offering this service could make money and ensure insurance for all shooters - you would need access to the police systems but the RSPCA has that by agreement. Are there any other more logical civilian contractors. BASC need a 'think the impossible future strategy' for themselves and us maybe.

Consider how else to sponsor or develop airgun shooting as route in to shooting for youngsters - sponsor specific days at ranges with discounted membership for youngsters. e.g. not forgetting the urban - based youngsters.

Just thoughts, as more members will always be better for all shooters.

Fantastic points Kes, thank you.

Re discounts: We are working on this and have 88 gun shops, shooting grounds etc that will offer 5-10% discount to BASC members, I aim to increase this to 100 by Easter and 150 by the start of next season, a list f those offering discounts are here: http://basc.org.uk/trade/listings/category/discounts-for-members/

BASC branded products: we are working on this with several manufactures.

I plan to work more closely with Guns on Pegs, I know the owner very well, and hope to have more on this soon.

Alternative and independent licencing system , we have already proposed this.

Developing access to airgun shooting; we are well on the path to this, we have recently trained 15 airgun coaches and have over 100 other members interested in taking the course, I have ben contacting airgun clubs asking them to work with BASC to open their facilities to more people, and we are about to announce a partnership with a major airgun manufacture and with them will be launching a targeted airgun promotion campaign.

We are also working on a programme wish another large youth organisation to develop access to shooting for their members..

Thanks ever so much for the comments, much appreciated.

David

Edited by David BASC

Guest cookoff013

i get what this thread is about, basc offers alot, but saying stuff like cartridge discounts???

really?

why not just go the whole hog and ask for FREE cartridges, FREE basc brand petrol / diesel. maybe the BASC could also do mortgages too? how about a BASC scheme to make me coffee in the morning? it`d really help me.

how about a BASC sponsord chef to live in my house so i dont have to cook?

phaedra1106 has a good point. i agree with that,

a x% discount is a real incentive. i`d hope it could be used on cartridges. but is that going to happen?its often been said there is no money in cartridges. (yet just cartridges make money? lol).

i`d like to support british shells, i really do. but over the past years we have been screwed over, with price rises. prices went up due to the cost of lead? even steel shells went up due to the cost of lead.???

why no incentive to buy british shells. they cost a fortune,

at one point last year i actually reloaded vanilla shells cheaper than factory ! io saved a £10 or so.

if you did british basc shells, what would that do? you`d outsource to british manufacturers?

I got a half price discounted years membership Countryside Alliance at the Shooting Show.

I approached BASC at the show and they were still £66 for the same yearly membership.

I thought they both do the same job albeit under different names. But £33 saving is pretty decent in anyones books. Plus i had a few freebees thrown in the deal which came to about £16 in monetary value. So really the yearly membership was £13 which is happy days all round.

We don't offer discounts to new members simply because we feel its unfair on those members who are loyal to BASC and stay with us year after year - as most do, why should they pay more than someone who has just joined? We also know, from market research, that those who buy something because its half price, tend not to carry on buying once the price doubles.

I am not having a go at the CA, I have been a member for about 25 years, their current recruitment strategy seems to be offer cheap membership to some, not all, new members for the first year. The CA spread their resources over broader countryside issues of course and shooting is just one part of that, and they work with BASC on several key shooting issues.

BASC will always offer membership at a standard rate for new and renewing members and try and introduce discount offers that will help cover the cost of membership, as well as delivering a targeted strategy for shooting , targeted membership services for shooters, a better insurance package including legal expenses for appeals.

Very different organisations, with a very different membership package, and a different remit but both important in what they do in my view.

David

I got a half price discounted years membership Countryside Alliance at the Shooting Show.

I approached BASC at the show and they were still £66 for the same yearly membership.

I thought they both do the same job albeit under different names. But £33 saving is pretty decent in anyones books. Plus i had a few freebees thrown in the deal which came to about £16 in monetary value. So really the yearly membership was £13 which is happy days all round.

I think that's what il be doing this time round..

Edited by Archie-fox