removing paint

cliff 87

it sounds like you need a complete strip anyway mate, half way will make it look terrible.

Go back to the metal, Re-Blue yourself, no big deal. just use heat, hot water whatever, then scalding water from Kettle, will send the rust BLACK.

The rub it with Bee`s Wax. Job Done.

Then strip the stock and get some hints on the finish you want, oil, Tru-oil. your choice, take your time and go for BEST.

Good Luck.

Look At previous post.

Edited by subsonicnat

Nitromors not so good since they changed the formula.

Usual thing though - better for the environment - not so good at doing what it's supposed to do !

Has anyone seen soda blasting - ideal for hardwood.

If the OP has a furniture restorer near by then well worth asking how much if they have the kit.

First time I saw it was approx. 2 years ago and I was just gob smacked at the speed and finish - wood, metal, all sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after all the talk on here I tried the B&Q stuff on to 3 stocks Miroku and Beretta lacquered not a thing, E Rizzini softened it to be scrapped off.

I've still not found anything to match the old Nitromors found this to be as good as the new gay diet low fat health Ntromors rubbish.

Well after all the talk on here I tried the B&Q stuff on to 3 stocks Miroku and Beretta lacquered not a thing, E Rizzini softened it to be scrapped off.

I've still not found anything to match the old Nitromors found this to be as good as the new gay diet low fat health Ntromors rubbish.

Go into a car paint distributor and get some synstrip - works on 2k paint a real treat.